[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY AREN'T WE DISCUSSING THIS MASTERPIECE I DON'T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Ariel-LP-1000x1000.jpg (497KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ariel-LP-1000x1000.jpg
497KB, 1000x1000px
WHY AREN'T WE DISCUSSING THIS MASTERPIECE I DON'T EVEN LIKE PINKMAN
>>
>>74373647
its a 7/10 at best. one of his weaker releases tbqh.
>>
Pretty inconsistent album for Ariel. Again he returns to his old tracks and revises them with cleaner production. Lo-fi AP is never coming back and that's not the end of the world since he left us with a lot of material
>>
He shouldn't have went back to recording at home. I was digging 'studio-crazy' Ariel on loom loom.
>>
File: john.jpg (179KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
john.jpg
179KB, 1000x750px
>>74374550
i haven't listened to this one yet, but i've heard that ariel pink uses fake lo-fi that's edited in on the songs. is that true?
>>
>>74374943
You mean like a simple VST plug-in or EQ setting?
>>
>>74374943
Imagine if Ariel and John perform Loverboy live this tour :3c
>>
>>74373657
This
>>
File: t4.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
t4.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>74374970
ye
around the time this first leaked, a bunch of anons were complaining about how pink used some program like pro-tools to make the album sound purposely shitty, which was a step back from his cleaner sound he's been doing.
i don't know, i haven't heard it.
>>
>>74375101
>used some program like pro-tools to make the album sound purposely shitty
as someone who works in a studio those anons are talking out of their ass. Ariel uses tape recordings and original 70's analog hardware to achieve the ''lofi'' sound.
>>
>listens to The Cure once
>>
>>74373647
on the level was the only good son on the album. it just sounds like lazy reworks of his older shit.
>>
Link?
>>
>>74375452
in the archive
>>
death patrol is pretty tite, couldn't stand my 192 rip so i just deleted it.
>>
Any mausspacers here? Used to be some decent Ariel chat over there
>>
>>74375701
Slightly unrelated but I just discovered John Maus and am listening to most his discography right now today from someone referring to Black Marble as a Maus knock-off on a thread earlier today.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.