[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Avant-prog >Rock-In-Opposition >Zeuhl Is there anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: tsuyu-asui--54.8.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
tsuyu-asui--54.8.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>Avant-prog
>Rock-In-Opposition
>Zeuhl

Is there anything more embarrassing than rock music thinking it's a serious artform?
>>
hip hop music thinking it's a serious art form
>>
>>74364801
/thread
>>
can we all agree that krautrock is not actually rock? it's a win-win situation; rock fans wouldn't have to deal with those posers, and non-rock fans who listen to krautrock don't have to begrudgingly admit they enjoy a form of rock music
>>
>>74364792
Yes. Music that tries to forcefully appear as art like lowercase, which is as far removed from art as possible. At least Rock has harmonies.
>>
>arguing about art while using a shonen reaction image
>>
>>74364792
>anime
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAH
>>
one of the most overrated manga of recent years tbqh
>>
File: Lil Peep.jpg (109KB, 784x514px) Image search: [Google]
Lil Peep.jpg
109KB, 784x514px
What is rock music?
>>
>>74365138
I agree, but at least it's good. Yeah it's nothing crazy, but compared to what usually reaches Western audiences, it's a fucking masterpiece. I'll never understand why Attack On Titan or Sword Art Online were popular, they were/are fucking terrible.
>>
>Is there anything more embarrassing than rock music thinking it's a serious artform?
probably anime thinking it's a serious artform

what does the context actually matter though? Prog and Zeuhl are fun as fuck to listen to when they're done well.

RIO isn't really a proper genre but the message is perfectly valid. Why is RIO's opposition to mainstream record labels less legitimate than punk's?
>>
>>74365138
It's pretty good for what it is though, it's a stupid shonen with likeable characters
>>
>>74365333
>tfw Satoshi Kon is dead
>>
>>74365423
>it's a stupid shonen with likeable characters
as opposed to what, a smart shonen? or a smart anime? what the fuck did you mean by this
>>
>>74365326
>>74365423
Yeah, I agree. It's better than most.
>>
>>74365569
Not that anon but there's better Shonen out there. The Promised Neverland is a manga running alongside Academia in Jump right now, and it's much better if you like darker stories.
>>
>>74364823
Yes we can all agree. Updoot.
>>
>>74365138
>>74365326
>watching anime
How's being a 14 year old weeb treating you?
>>
>>74365621
As well as I treat your mom at night.
>>
>>74365621
You're only a ween if you don't watch English dubs
>>
/mu/ - anime discussion
>>
>>74365569
There is good anime, it's just harder to find. There's more good manga than there is anime, because that doesn't require a studio, funding, etc, but there's still lots of bad manga, as you'll find in any medium.

>>74365621
I don't even watch new anime, I just read a little manga. It's not like it's the only media I consume, I'm not gonna defend most of what's in the mainstream because that's like defending most of what happens in pop. Yeah I like some popular music and yeah I like some popular manga, but I can admit with ease most of what's in the public sphere of both is awful. That's all art and entertainment, though. Most of what I listen to, watch, or read isn't popular (relative to best seller lists or charts, of course, I'm not trying to make this a competition).

The format isn't inherently worse than another, and artists drawing manga using cliches aren't really any less creatively bankrupt than people making rock and pop music using standards of the past, too.
>>
>>74364792
Posting on 4chan.
>>
>>74365730
Nice, a necrophile weeb. Your life is really going places!

>>74365742
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>74365772
No really, weebs would only watch in Japanese because they're obsessed with the culture. I don't care about the culture at all, and I'm part japanese.
>>
>>74365569
Hunter x Hunter is pretty smart at times, and that's a shonen
>>
>>74365813
The problem with English Dubs is that they never use professional english speaking voice actors. Anyone from Texas could get a job at Funimation. Western cartoons always have better voice acting than anime dubs.
>>
>>74366190
Sounds fine to me, but I'm not a cartoon conneseuir
>>
>>74364792
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>74364792
>serious artform
huh, Haydn based his simple pieces on peasant melodies and it was considered "serious"
>>
>>74364801
fpbp
>>
>>74365621
How's being a depressed early 20s loner in his mom's house who complains about 14 years liking anime treating you?
>>
>>74365621
He said manga you mong.
>>
>>74364792
You forgot
>Krautrock
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.