[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the character for Björk's new album cover is going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: bjork.jpg (230KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
bjork.jpg
230KB, 1080x1350px
So the character for Björk's new album cover is going to be flower themed, right?

And the album art is probably going to be another shot from the Jesse Kanda photoshoot that we haven't seen yet, right?
>>
Probably
>>
File: bbjork2017.jpg (563KB, 1536x2028px) Image search: [Google]
bbjork2017.jpg
563KB, 1536x2028px
>>74364757

I assume so, the new photoshoot is one of my favourite ones she's ever done 2bh
>>
i was hoping she'd go for something lighter and more mystical like this. seems to match woodwinds more imo
>>
>>74365152
Do we know for a fact that the album is gonna focus on woodwinds?
Hell do we know anything about what it sounds like?
>>
>>74365202

There'll be woodwinds. Here's an interview with her about the album http://imgur.com/a/gMLEm
>>
I want her new album to sound like Post. Especially songs like Hyperballad and Isobel.
>>
>>74365230

Here's a summary 1/2

The album "feels lighter than air, [...] flutes and woodwinds instruments punctuated by the sound of birdsong and the natural world".

It was co-produced by Arca, "whose twisted take on electronics give many of the songs their unusual form" and Rabit has co-production credits on some of the tracks too.

"Fusing beauty and brutality", there are still "moments of harshness [...] Rabit provides a crushing jackhammer rhythm on one of his tracks. But even these act to contrast with the buoyant sound of the rest of the album providing an overall feeling of weightlessness, an unwavering up-ness".

Some of the bird sounds that appear between tracks were recorded by Björk herself in the Caribbean, others come from David Toop's Hekura (a rare recording of shamanic rituals in Southern Venezuela).

She describes the album as "a dating album". "It's definitely about the search and about being in love".

Some of song titles: The Gate, Allow, Loss, Features Creatures.

Andrew Thomas Huang directed the video for The Gate, "which sees the musician wearing a bespoke dress designed by Gucci's Alessandro Michele and a headpiece by frequent collaborator James Merry". Björk says The Gate is "essentially a love song but love in a more transcendent way. Vulnicura was about a personal loss, and I think this new album is about a love that is even greater. It's about rediscovering love but in a spiritual way, for lack of a better word".

Allow is "one of the most straightforward, melodic songs that she's played so far, though she isn't sure if she'll include it on the final record." The song is about her relationship with Arca.
>>
>>74365275
We all want that, but she's moved away from that sound over the last two decades.
>>
>>74365280 2/2

Arca "encouraged her to pursue a direction that she'd hinted at on obscure cuts like Batabid and Ambergris March".

Loss, one of the Rabit collaborations, is "one of the immediate highlights" of the album,"pure feeling".

Features Creatures "describes the feeling of seeing someone with the same beard and the same accent as her lover. Is she talking about anyone specific? "Yeah," she says [..] "I set myself up with the last album being a heartbreak album, so everyone's going to be like "Are you married?" with this one. But... it's too fragile still. I think, if I could, I'd just say this is my dating album. Let's just leave it there."

A yet unnamed track explores the idea of not only "discovering a personal paradise" but "building one for the planet" as well.
>>
>>74365280
I'm excited like a little fangirl for this. What a time to be alive when my favorite female artist from 90's is still releasing exciting new stuff.
>>
>>74365300
I thought she was trying to get back to it on Volta. (Not that successfully.)

I really want something light and fun from her.
>>
>>74365374
I remember reading that she was going to try and be less serious/dark on this album considering how serious Vulnicura was.
>>
File: bjork-medulla-1.jpg (464KB, 700x709px) Image search: [Google]
bjork-medulla-1.jpg
464KB, 700x709px
>>74365073
it's probably my second favorite photoshoot of hers behind Medulla

Medulla is a pretty good album, but fuck that photoshoot was cool as hell
>>
>>74365280
>>74365304
>woodwind
>Batabid
>Arca
oh my god yes
>>
>>74365596

Yeah I love that one too. Some of the Vulnicura photoshoots weren't her best, bit too many masks, even though masks are good and she's been covering her face with masks/paint since Medulla it's good to see her face, so we're off to a good start with this era, even though a mask has made an appearance.

>>74365644

Pretty much my reaction. Batabid is so good, as are all her Vespertine b-sides so I'm super excited.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.