[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone tells me Pet Sounds is a psychedelic album so I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 61uRpzy5nfL._SX355_.jpg (41KB, 355x354px) Image search: [Google]
61uRpzy5nfL._SX355_.jpg
41KB, 355x354px
Everyone tells me Pet Sounds is a psychedelic album so I'm going to listen to it high today. Did your opinion on Pet Sounds change at all when you listened to it on drugs? What are some things I should keep an eye out for to appreciate it?
>>
>>74363593
If you need drugs to enjoy an album, then you aren't enjoying the album, you're enjoying the drugs
>>
>>74363593
Brian Wilson said drugs ruined his life so you should listen to him.
>>
Just because it's a "psychedelic" pop record (which is just a 60s term for experimental pop that kind of stuck), that doesn't mean it's good for a druggy experience. I personally dislike weed and am more of a stimulant/hallucinogen type of guy and if I was ever on some shit I could never listen to "psychedelic" music. I always preferred listening to classical, jazz or electronic (sub)genres. Maybe going out of my usual comfort zone as well. I've never listened to Pet Sounds high and never want to to be honest.

Anyway, obviously it changes your opinion because it's a completely different state that you're in and a completely different perspective.

Enjoy yourself and be safe, my man.
>>
>>74363680
But his brain was fried from the drugs, so he should be talking nonsense. So basically DON'T listen to him and do drugs?

>>74363674
This is also not very true. It's more complicated than that.
>>
>>74363593
Everything sounds different on drugs, Pet Sounds as well as Beethoven. But don't expect an immediate impact from Pet Sounds, it's too complex and too individual to be a first listen hit.
>>
>>74363680
he said he's glad to be off the cocaine, but that marihuana helped him write Pet Sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPYHNXXHUVg
>>
i really enjoy this album stoned. it's bursting with detail and joy. <3 and heartache
>>
>>74363731
He said LSD helped him too but he wishes he never took it.
>>
>>74363748
fag
>>
File: Brian Disapproving.jpg (18KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Brian Disapproving.jpg
18KB, 460x276px
>>74363761
>>
>>74363715
>it's too complex and too individual to be a first listen hit
i sort of agree with this
the first time i heard it i really enjoyed it as a pop record with some catchy melodies and some incredible harmonies
obviously you won't fully appreciate everything that's going on in the first listen but you could definitely enjoy the album first time round
>>
Listen to the second half of Today on drugs instead and thank me later.
>>
>>74363593
The best songs on the album aren't really psychedelic.
>>
>>74363593
>Everyone tells me Pet Sounds is a psychedelic album

It is the first psychedelic album, but The Beach Boys weren't part of the hippie/psychedelic scene, they influenced it a lot.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.