[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will people realize Hesitation Marks is one of Trent's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

When will people realize Hesitation Marks is one of Trent's best albums?
>>
Its one of his more toned down and less intricate releases that gives more instant gratification opposed to a great overall experience. much more normie friendly than albums like The Fragile and earlier
>>
>>74361880
>Normie friendly
Christ youre insufferable
>>
>>74361880
>less intricate releases that gives more instant gratification

you're describing of PHM and/or The Slip.

can't disagree with this more when it comes to Marks.
>>
File: And All That Could Have Been.png (600KB, 2292x1376px) Image search: [Google]
And All That Could Have Been.png
600KB, 2292x1376px
>>74361880
Normies would demand it to be a rock driven album full of raging metaphors with the sophistication of a sledgehammer.

This is a perfect album expressing his anxieties and depression without going full edge lord about it.
>>
>>74361880
Hesitation Marks is one of the biggest NIN's grower, right next to The Fragile.
>>
>>74361944
naaaah, the HTDA panels ruined this
>>
>>74361665
>>74361880
The Downward Spiral is an album both edgy teens and actually depressed people can relate to.
Hesitation Marks is the perfect depiction of depression and only people who suffered from depression for years and years can actually understand it. This is why normies perceive Hesitation Marks as the happy album, even though it couldn't be anymore wrong.

The title to those who refuse to research may seem innocent, somehow, but upon inspection, you find out the title itself references to suicide, many of the songs are self-loathing, albeit subtly, but that is the point.
"I Would For You" at first glance seems like a romantic song, but more plays reveals it is a song about self-loathing and shame.
"While I'm Still Here/Black Noise" seem to be a suicide note and the actual act of suicide.
"Running" is about you trying to escape your problem rather than facing them, knowing this will not work, it is incredibly anxious and paranoid track.
These dark subject matters run throughout the entirety of the album.
>>
>>74361971
ok, I'll make an altered version
>>
File: 1492949026817.png (377KB, 1468x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1492949026817.png
377KB, 1468x1376px
>>74362032
original one is good as it is, lad
>>
>>74361880
>much more normie friendly than albums like The Fragile and earlier
Seeing how normies love The Downward Spiral/Pretty Hate Machine/Broken I doubt it.
Every NIN normie I know loves Broken and The Dowwnard Spiral, "because it's so angery and loude!"
The Fragile is where some normies leave, but some of them still stay and cling to that album, even though I doubt they actually listened to that album in its entirety or understand it.
>>
File: 1501940166292.png (521KB, 2292x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1501940166292.png
521KB, 2292x1376px
>>74362032
>>
File: 1501921075165.png (265KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1501921075165.png
265KB, 600x398px
never understand why people like to see him in pain.
>>
>>74362143
Because "he only made good music when he was suffering/was on drugs" meme is strong within the normies.
>>
>>74362027
>only people who suffered from depression for years and years can actually understand it
come on now, it's a great record, but the 2deep4normies meme is just that, the lyrical themes are hardly subtle

>This is why normies perceive Hesitation Marks as the happy album
they only perceived it as such for like three weeks prior to release, because Everything dropped pre-album

>"I Would For You" at first glance seems like a romantic song
don't think it does. more plays do reveal it's way too derivative of EDIETS and is one of the weaker pieces, though.

>"While I'm Still Here/Black Noise" seem to be a suicide note and the actual act of suicide
it's about regrets before death. I think it's obvious the narrator wants to live.
>>
>>74362171
>come on now, it's a great record, but the 2deep4normies meme is just that, the lyrical themes are hardly subtle
I'll give you that one, I guess it is just easier to connect with its lyrics, the lyrics are not deep, but they aren't as harsh as something you'd see on TDS.
>they only perceived it as such for like three weeks prior to release, because Everything dropped pre-album
It still seems to be, perhaps due to Everything.
>it about regrets before death. I think it's obvious the narrator wants to live.
This is one of my interpretations of the song itself, it is hard to say, it is somewhere in-between, you can take the line "I'm okay" as him lying,
>>
>>74361665
it is, it's really good
>>
>AND IF I COULD BE SOME BODY ELSE
>AND I'VE GOT ONLY MYSELF TO BLAMEE
These lyrics hit me hard.
>>
NIN have always been a singles band to me. The only full album of Trent's I've listened to is the Downward Spiral.
>>
>>74361665

Hesitation Marks was Trent doing what bands like Fleetwood Mac and Steely Dan did. Digestable music with concise songwriting, some weird ideas thrown in here and there but framed around poppy music, and with an intense focus on production/sound/mix/master.

I agree it's one of his best.
>>
>>74362302
you're missing out on the real NIN
>>
>>74362302
Singles are always the weakest parts of any NIN record.
>>
>>74361944
>implying trent wanted r kellys thot slave over his current wife

wtf
>>
>>74362198
>you can take the line "I'm okay" as him lying
could be, but it feels more like coping.

maybe the song is about acceptance. defo not self-inflicting
>>
>>74362448
Either way, it is heartbreaking nevertheless. I guess you are right, it seems like the narrator is dying and is waving goodbye only to be swallowed by the void.
>>
All I really want from Trent is a full album of Burning Bright-esque Noise Rock with a few harsh bangers thrown in, any suggestions?
>>
File: 0_1c6977_bb24d9b5_orig.jpg (155KB, 505x734px) Image search: [Google]
0_1c6977_bb24d9b5_orig.jpg
155KB, 505x734px
>>74362474
>"watch young lovers"
>the second "a little more" kicking in
>those bittersweet guitar notes
>>
>>74362618
I'm sure you know about Broken

try making friends with Fixed, it's rewarding if you stick to it
>>
>>74362618
shit, also the Quake OST
>>
>>74362618
>>
>>74362800
we appreciate you Brian, but your stuff just doesn't have the energy, even when Trent's band is playing it
>>
>>74362865
>no energy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7bcdFT-G70
>>
Year Zero is my favorite NiN album, I don't see a lot of people talk about it either
>>
>>74362921
Trent is at his best when he is making a concept record.
>>
File: rollingstone.jpg (63KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
rollingstone.jpg
63KB, 650x350px
>>74362910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSG_R2K_zVo

JUST
>>
I like the catchiness and sound of Pretty Hate Machine but Trent's vocal performance is cringey as fuck in points
>>
>>74362963
Trent's vocals have been improving constantly, Pretty Hate Machine is the lowest point in regards to that.
>>
>>74362963
Yeah. You just have to get over it.
>>
>>74362961
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDXTntiRx2Y
It gets worse desu.
>>
>>74362618
I personally think he should do a softer album with him singing in his quieter tone and not yelling so much. With his soundtrack style
>>
>>74363012
Didn't Add Violence kinda do this for most of its run time?
>>
>>74363040
no.
>>
>>74361665
I dont skip any songs unlike most of their other albums, hm really grew on me, i love all trents stuff though.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.