[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did all these classic, master prog bands all turn into ridiculously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: yes--------_90125pict_101b.jpg (30KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
yes--------_90125pict_101b.jpg
30KB, 550x550px
Why did all these classic, master prog bands all turn into ridiculously shitty pop bands, like for 1980s high school movies? Did they have any dignity at all?
>>
>>74357789
It was trendy at the time and everybody was doing it
>>
Drugs, the general cultural climate, the introduction of production techniques that made shit easy, age, the synthesizer, take your pick
>>
File: tenor.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>74357789
>shitty
>>
>>74357789
Genesis were still pretty good in the 80's, that Yes album isn't bad, King Crimson released some interesting stuff. I can't say the same for Pink Floyd though.

>>74357797
Basically this.
>>
>>74357862
quality post
>>
>>74357789
It wasn't drugs - the 1970's were the heyday for drugs.
it was the advent of sampling synths and electronic music workstations.
synthesizers had been around forever but the ease of creating sounds, of using all the programmed sounds seemed to overwhelm most bands.
Not all though, I remember Kate Bush complaining about it.
Interestingly Rush and Van Halen were two of the bands that were able to use just a touch here and there to serve the song.
But those were the rare ones.
It ruined a lot of elite bands from Yes to Earth, Wind, and Fire and a million lesser bands in between.
>>
>>74357789
yoko ono
>>
>>74357789
Because the majority of musicians didn't want to work a "regular" job in order to make a living.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.