[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever listen to this? It popped up on my recommended recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Anyone ever listen to this? It popped up on my recommended recently and I quite like it. It was a bit generic though
>>
Listen to their older stuff, this (besides title track) is their weakest album.
>>
>>74355165
I think it's the best UMO album.
It got mostly overlooked on /mu/ because Currents came out around the same time and everyone was memeing the shit out of it.

On that note, I prefer it to Currents because its a bit more lofi and takes some massive cues from Prince with the kind of harmony and grooves on it.
Like Acid Rain, Ur Life One Night, Stage or Screen and Necessary Evil are all really great tracks.
The main thing that gets me with this album is that the mix a little bit harsh at times.
>>
Mint Chicks are better
>>
>>74355450
True.

Their debut and II are much better. I was a huge fan at the time of II, but I was disappointed when this came out. I listened to it recently and I guess it's alright. I just think it's boring as fuck at this point.
>>
Yes, it's my AOTY 2015.
>>
>>74355165
This came up as a rec on spotify for me too, so much that I gave it a listen. The album itself is somewhat bad, a lot of weak filler-ish tracks but Necessary Evil is a top 50 song of 2015 for me (which doesnt seem like a lot but 2015 was my favorite year this decade in music)
>>
>>74355165
I frankly don't like as much as their earlier albums. Unknown Mortal Orchestra had a really neat thing going with their purposefully grainy production and complicated song arrangements. Multi-love doesn't shy away from the complexity the earlier albums had, it just opts for a cleaner and more plucky sound. I'd recommend it, but I'd suggest going back to see some of their earlier work.
>>
>>74355165
I like it, love a few of the songs (can't keep checking my phone, multi-love are the standouts) but most of the songs were just alright.

And the mixing on some of the songs is terrible, if it was better, I probably would've liked it more
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.