[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on smiley smile? I personally love this album, my favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3400.jpg (217KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3400.jpg
217KB, 750x750px
thoughts on smiley smile? I personally love this album, my favorite track is Little Pad.

it's genuinely one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard
>>
>>74354244
most people on /mu/ will say Smile is better, but you're right Smiley smile is superior and more interesting. i liked the stripped down rushed lo fi quality over the maximalist production
>>
>>74354790
I've never heard the actual Smile project's material. I'll be sure to get to it, quite excited to hear what else is in store.

I agree with you on the lo-fi elements for sure. it's truly a captivating album with some true musical beauty packed into less than 40 mins.
>>
>>74355063
I prefer the Smile sessions desu, but Smiley Smile is still really beautiful. It's a lot more melancholic (for obvious reasons) and it's a shame it never got the love it deserves.
>>
>>74355126
agreed. it's helping me cope with a lot of shit right now and it's such a tranquil experience it's almost surreal. I'll show my children this album one day.
>>
>>74355186
>it's helping me cope with a lot of shit right now

same here famalam

Wild Honey is also good
>>
>>74355301
glad to see someone's on the same page but hopeful tht things improve for you.

>Wild Honey is also good
I'd imagine so, I'm definitely going to check out the rest of their SMiLE era mastery.
>>
>>74355186
Those are some really magical albums. Hope Brian's music gets you through. Friends is another great example of their fantastic lo-fi recordings.
>>
I unironically like She's Going Bald
>>
>>74355765
>>74355401
Don't forget about Sunflower and Surf's Up. Really all Beach Boys from 66-71 is worthwhile.
>>
>>74355765
appreciate that, I'll be sure to reach out to that release as well.

>>74355792
same here, I don't really dislike any song on the album as they all work in their own context.

reading about the composition and recording of the SMiLE sessions just amazes me, I wholeheartedly wish the project was released in '67 as initially intended.
>>
>>74355894
If you're interested in the whole SMiLE breakdown lore, Love and Mercy is an great film to check out. It gives great context to the situation and is also super entertaining.
>>
>>74355917
thank you holy shit, that looks like a really interesting film
>>
>>74355996
Yeah man it's great, Paul Dano fucking nails the role. Enjoy, dude.
>>
>>74355892
I was never a huge fan of everything off 20/20, but it definitely has its place in the discography.
>>
>>74356056
Yeah it's definitely not their most consistent release. I like what Dennis contributes and Bruce Johnston's little instrumental always manages to make me happy, plus it has Cabinessence which I think stands high among their best.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.