[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retrospective view on Alice In Chains. Lets hear it /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0285.jpg (64KB, 750x699px)
IMG_0285.jpg
64KB, 750x699px
Retrospective view on Alice In Chains. Lets hear it /mu/
>>
>>74344355
They suck.
/thread
>>
>>74344401
threading your own thread
nerd
>>
>>74344355
best grunge band
Cantrell is a genius

>>74344401
Faggot
>>
My favorite grunge band since they have so much diversity in their songwriting and manage to do each style so well. Even their post Layne stuff is honestly pretty solid. I believe this is because they were able to bring that thick grungy atmosphere to whatever it is they did which makes it all come together well.
>>
Dirt is the best "grunge" album ever made and is also one of the best albums of the 90s.

Their songwriting was consistently incredible.
>>
>>74344444
waste of quints :(
>>
Layne was an hero
>>
>>74344444
not my thread. i fucking hated them when they came out and im glad that faggot died
>>
>>74344455
grunge????
are you fucking stupid? their shit was way to polished to be considered grunge. just because they drove through seatle in 1992 doesn't make them grunge. you kids are fucking retarded.
>>
>>74344648
Grunge isn't an actual genre, it's just the name of a scene.

Dirt is considered grunge and so is Jar of Flies even though they don't sound anything alike
Nirvana's In Utero is considered grunge and so is their MTV Unplugged live album even though they don't sound anything alike

Just a term for a specific group of people in a specific part of the country at a specific time in history, like NWOBHM.
>>
>>74344648
Grunge isn't a genre anyway, it just means blonde '90s Seattle rock.
>>
>>74344575
>make millions
>lock yourself up for six years and shoot heroin everyday until you die
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>74344691
>>74344689
i guess so?
I was in high school when it was all going on but the internet was still analog and googling was too slow to search if it was a genre or not.
>>
File: 1499870084266.jpg (337KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499870084266.jpg
337KB, 1200x900px
cringey ass music, vocals, and lyrics.
complete garbage.
>>
>>74344829
There was no "googling" when grunge was a thing....
I think we have a phony
>>
>>74344871
t. 16 year old Nirvana fangirl
>>
The dog album is so good but gets no love
>>
>>74344986
Great album from them. I think the post Staley stuff is garbage but this one right here is great. Over Now is my favorite song on this one.

Great song to listen to after a breakup haha
>>
>>74345106
Heaven beside you is supposed to be about a relationship Cantrell fucked up but despite how good the song is, I can't interpret how the lyrics translate to that. In fact, in my head canon, I think the song is sort like a vent about dealing with Staley's worsening condition
>>
>>74345217
I think Staley pretty much layed everything out into each song they produced, I mean hell, the whole band did. Everything about their music is like a darker side to most shit, like how you'd think stuff is going great on the outside, but inside everything is fucked up. It's all a metaphor for life as it is. All the emotions
>>
most underrated grunge band desu,
while pearl jam, soundgarden, nirvana and pumpkins were getting their dicks sucked alice in chains did whatever
>>
>>74344455
twang
>>
>>74345397
I agree with this but Smashing Pumpkins are a legitimately better band. I love Alice in Chains but that's a fact
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.