[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ok to be ignorant about music thoery and like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3392.jpg (137KB, 1500x1347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3392.jpg
137KB, 1500x1347px
Is it ok to be ignorant about music thoery and like this album?
Is it possible?
>>
yes

Understanding theory, and just how to play, may deepen your appreciation, but genres like bebop, cool jazz, third stream, and free jazz are cathartic, emotive genres that anyone can appreciate on an emotional level.
>>
Absolutely.

But knowing theory my increase your enjoyment.
>>
>>74342099
Of course anon. You're still hearing the same music as the people who understand theory. As long as you are listening to it actively and critically you will pick up on all the same things that they do, they just might be able to describe those things in a little more detail than you.
>>
>>74342110
hard bop and big band are easy to listen to

even as somebody who has a decent understanding of theory, i find cool jazz and modal jazz to be kind of rambling
>>
I don't know shit about theory, I can't even read music. But jazz is my most listened genre and greatest musical love. If you listen to enough you can develop a sensibility. And the emotional impact resonates anyway. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to understand some technical specs, though...
>>
How to get to the point where I can review jazz albums? I like reading reviews of jazz albums a lot but I have no idea what I would write if I tried.
>>
>>74342110
Hey man so I'm more inclined to melodic music. I really like this album but the other more experimental stuff does not sink in well. Feels a little to spastic. It's creative and all but to me it's more of a soundscape than a track. Is there any melody oriented jazz you can recommend or even in general what is your recommendation to understand jazz or miles davis, because I feel like he tries hard to be edgy sometimes in terms of being like odd musically, and disregarding tradition and it sacrifices melody for me
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.