[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I agree with most of the things expressed in his Beatles essay,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I agree with most of the things expressed in his Beatles essay, exept for some of his ratings: Revolver and Rubber Soul only got 5's? Seriously???
Rubber Soul is like a 7 imo and Revolver an 8, it even contains the best Beatles song.
>>
he gave Abbey Road a 7, he really understand about music
>>
His Beatles rant is completely justified but his ratings are genuinely retarded,I mean fuck off with the ''no album is 10/10 shit''
>>
>>74341770
This
I'll immediately discredit any reviewer who thinks that they should never give a 10
At that point you're basically just using a 1-9 scale which is no different
>>
>>74341438
>>74341462
>>74341770
Tbh I think the harsh ratings on those albums is due to his illogical hatred for the band. I'm sure if the Beatles weren't such a popular band he'd have given pretty much all of their albums +1.
>>
>>74341770
9.5 is just a 10 pretty much. He'd given Trout Mask Replica, Rock Bottom and Faust 9.5. Those are his 10's imo.
>>
>>74341770
>I mean fuck off with the ''no album is 10/10 shit''
he only gives scores to popular music. he said when a popular music album will rival jazz/classical masterpieces only then it will get a ten.
>>
>>74341828
That's retarded, no one judges classical and pop music on the same scale
>>
>>74341837
>That's retarded, no one judges classical and pop music on the same scale
fucking lmao. it looks like he has more respect for popular music than you do. in his eyes albums that he gave a 9.5/10 are probably fucking miles ahead of shit that you gave a 10
>>
>>74341960
He uses deflated scale, his 8s are normal people's 9s
>>
>>74342001
more like his 6.5s and 7s are normal people's 10s
>>
>>74341770
Anything beyond theoretical or abstract, especially art due to its subjective nature, simply can not be absolutely "perfect", since it contradicts its own definition.
>>
>>74341828
I suppose that makes some sense but every form of music have their own aspects which aren't really that comparable to each other
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.