[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Late night post cause why not. Have you guys listened to Judee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 521940449-1.jpg (110KB, 395x357px) Image search: [Google]
521940449-1.jpg
110KB, 395x357px
Late night post cause why not.
Have you guys listened to Judee Sill before?
I'd love to hear your critique, whether ya like her or not.

I think she's amazing. Her voice might not be for everyone, but she composes fantastic pieces. She's got major chops with the guitar and piano. My favorite album of hers would be the live one from BBC. It really showcases herself as a solid musician, with or without a backing orchestra / studio recording.
>>
S/T is one of my favorite albums. It hits the sweet spot of beautiful melodies, chamber folk arrangements, introspective lyrics, and religious overtones that I've been looking for. I also particularly like how it ends with a big finale which you don't particularly get outside of classical or jazz.
Heart Food is great too but its kinda overshadowed by The Doner.
>>
>>74339540
Listening to The Donor is what made me post. The studio version is actually one of the few songs I prefer over her stripped versions. I agree w/ Heart Food being a bit less than her S/T. I don't think the country vibes on There's A Rugged Road do the song well, aside from the chorus where I think it mixes just right.
>>
Down Where the Valleys Are Low is a beautiful song desu
>>
That's a man, right
>>
>>74339469
i love her op

have you heard laura nyro? she scratches a similar itch for me that judee does, although laura nyro's music is typically more energetic
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.