[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This thing was shit I couldn't get passed the fuck free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: itcotck.jpg (236KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
itcotck.jpg
236KB, 953x953px
This thing was shit I couldn't get passed the fuck free jazz ambient wankery on moonchild. I hated every song and I still haven't listened to the title track.
>>
>>74336077
do you regularly listen to nigger music by any chance?
>>
>>74336077
you did not get by the pleb filter.
>>
Pleb.
>>
copypasta
>>
I actually agree that the improvisation in Moonchild is bullshit, I literally edited it out to fully enjoy the album.
>>
>>74336077
>Still haven't listened to the title track
>The first track

This is bait, right? I'm new here, I wouldn't know.
>>
>having bad taste in the year 2017
>>
>>74336190
You are not just new, you are a retard.

>>74336160
>the improvisation in Moonchild is bullshit
It's not. Get some taste.
>>
>>74336077
you are far from home right now. go back to your shitty kanye west album.
>>
your fuckin shitty, dude.
>>
>>74336096
>>74336223
>I betchu listen to that rap shit like "yo nigga nigga" I listen to REAL music.
Wewlad it's like YouTube comments in here.
>>74336237
>your
This has to be bait, but I'm falling for it anyway.

It's alright, OP. I listened to it twice, and I couldn't get into it either. Maybe it's just not for you, you know?
>>
It is pretty boring honestly.

21st Century Schizoid Man has just three (admittedly very cool) riffs throughout its seven and a half minute length, along with a jazzy jam that's really not all that jazzy nor even classical inspired considering how it doesn't really develop at all, playing essentially the same phrase except that one bit.

I Talk To The Wind has a pair of very simple flute solos that, while they develop more than the jazz bit on the first track, stays on just a few chords. Those solos are in no way prog, just typical handful of chords to solo over type rock music. The chorus is kinda the epitome of how the record tries to sound interesting but isn't really because while it has interesting A chord variations, but it's just a variation on the I IV I IV V IV type progression you hear is basic ass rock n roll.

Epitaph is by far the simplest track on the record since it's just I , IV, V, vi, and vii chords like most pop music through most of the track. Don't remember the instrumental wank part's chords.

Moonchild is an abomination, because while I respect the whole proto-ambient thing here, it just has too many long spaces of jack shit happening on it.

In The Court Of The Crimson King has some interesting progressions on it, but is also marred by also ultimately being intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/instrumental progression of all non-Moonchild tracks on this album.

In the end it just sounds like a colorful pop album with a couple chords not common in pop instead of a true progressive rock album. It's essentially prog for prog fans that can't into actual progressive rock. King Crimson made far more sophisticated stuff on Larks and Red (in the case of Red, much heavier, too.) I understand that it's one of if the first album of its type, but that also means that it didn't refine/go as far with the style of music as others after it.
>>
>>74336282
wait this is the first actual analytical criticism of rock music I've seen on this site
what's your favorite rock album, I'm curious
>>
>>74336338
Seconded.
>>
>>74336338
>>74336354
Nah it's just something I copypasted from a dying KC thread that I wrote a few days ago. Pity I wrote it like right as the thread was dying so nobody really saw it. Thought it was fitting here.

As for favorite rock record it's probably between:
Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Lick My Decals Off, Baby
Steely Dan - Aja (if it counts)

Lick My Decals Off, Baby has some bat shit crazy rhythms with a wide variety of rhythmic interplay on display ranging from stuff that's tamer than TMR stuff to that final track that might be the craziest track the band's ever done. This is particularly important to me because I do personally believe that popular music can't possibly ever be as intricate melodically/harmonically as classical/jazz but where it has an edge is its ability to play with a variety of rhythms, and this plays out best in rhythm focused works like Beefheart's Mirror Man/TMR/Lick My Decals Off, Baby run.

Aja because of everything not related to crazy rhythmic interplay. It's just so fucking well done. Like no other "art rock" or "prog rock" album can fit harmonic progressions this complex into a track yet somehow still make it easy to digest (look up the chord progression for the title track's verse section holy shit.) It also subtly does mess with time signatures a lot. They are trained jazzy guys so their improvised style solos also have a lot of variation and they even got a ton of other jazz players to show up, too, so there's a ton of representation of various people's own styles. Of course there's its most popular aspect, the production as well, which might be the best in any rock album ever and is used to full advantage to make the album feel so colorful so that there's all these additional effects/melodies that come in/out that can be for one listener just a fun embellishment, but something more intricate for another listener.
>>
>>74336282
>it has to be complex to be good
>>
>>74336077
Congratulations, you're a mongoloid.
>>
>>74337010
Not complex, engaging.
>>
>>74337101
Since your critique was literally just based on the music being "simple" and "basic", and a surface level breakdown of the chord progressions and song structures being poppy, what other conclusion would anyone come to but that you feel music needs to break away from these things and be significantly more complicated to be good?

PS. nobody is impressed by your basic understanding of music theory. Leave it out unless you have something actually interesting to say.
>>
>>74336077
the opener and closer are 10/10 but the middle is indeed boring pretentious shit
>>
>>74337177
Just wait until you discover jazz and classical music. All boring pretentious garbage, I tell you.
>>
>>74337161
What does your critique of my post even mean? Surface level breakdown? Something actually interesting? When did you become the authority on that?

I said that music needs to be engaging to be good. If your music doesn't contain enough interesting things happening, then the listener wouldn't have as much to observe or engage with, meaning the music's not as worthy of the listener's attention. This is like the definition of boring (this lack of variety that makes the listener lose interest.)

Sure there's music that tends to be simpler like various forms of punk rock, but they make up for that by being ridiculously energetic.

Of course one would also mention subjectivity, but that doesn't count for shit when you're discussing with others because it's not really based on the qualities of the music itself as it is on how one personally feels about it.
>>
>>74336942
Captain Beefheart and Steely Dan? Seriously? As if those two artists had the similar intentions at all. No one can deny that Steely Dan featured some of the most talented "rock" musicians along with the Magic Band and the Mothers of Invention. While they were outstanding players, they made brilliantly produced soft rock songs about nothing.
>>
>>74337161
All a critique needs to say is whether or not it sounds good.

Moonchild's improvisation sounds like garbage.
>>
>>74337289
You're literally just swapping out "complex" with "engaging" in an effort to not look so pretentious and failing hard
>>
>>74337325
>songs about nothing
Good thing lyrics don't really matter.
>>
>>74336160
Go back.
>>
>>74336278
confirmed for hip-hop nigger
>>
>>74337325
>As if those two artists had the similar intentions at all.
My post literally says otherwise?
>they made brilliantly produced soft rock songs about nothing
Not sure what this means.
>>
>>74337343
Simply built music can be engaging.
>>
>>74337343
This doesn't work because of my punk rock example. Considering that we are talking progressive rock, the question of complexity in some aspects of the music is bound to come up.
>>
>>74336282
>Don't remember the instrumental wank part's chords
You're complaining about King Crimson's debut album being neither classical music, nor jazz and in the same breath there's a sentence like that. Don't even attempt convincing me you're serious.
>>
>>74336282
hey are you the mingus guy
>>
>>74337374
>songs about nothing
>Good thing lyrics don't really matter.
Yeah, I think we can all see how well that has served music over the years.
>>
>>74337424
>>74337406
lol dude you are not fooling anyone
>>
>>74337426
Did you get triggered by me using the word wank? Jfc go back to plebbit, faggot.
>>
>>74337460
Thanks for confirming you're on a slightly glorified shitposting rampage.
>>
File: Fool.jpg (14KB, 429x123px) Image search: [Google]
Fool.jpg
14KB, 429x123px
>>74337458
Not fooling anyone. It's right up there in that post, you see the bit about punk rock music and energy?
>>
>>74337476
So words do trigger you? I am still not sure what the problem is.
>>
File: not edited.png (26KB, 635x88px) Image search: [Google]
not edited.png
26KB, 635x88px
wow you can use paint too?
>>
>>74337483
>>74337538
>>
>>74337424
>Considering that we are talking progressive rock
Yeah let's judge music by a genre that was given to it in retrospect by some hack journalist, OK.
>>
>>74337534
>So words do trigger you?
No, I've explained what the problem is. A contradiction. Don't bother asking me which one and playing "were you, did you?" games. I already don't take you seriously.
>>
File: IMG_8397.jpg (15KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8397.jpg
15KB, 207x244px
>>74336077
>>
>>74336077
Only true plebs can't appreciate free jazz
>>
>>74337594
i like how anon thinks he is in some position to belittle people by telling them he doesn't take them seriously

no one cares bud
>>
>>74337555
>>74337538
Like I said, it says it up there. Let me requote it for you:
>Sure there's music that tends to be simpler like various forms of punk rock, but they make up for that by being ridiculously energetic.

You believe what you wanna believe.
>>74337571
No, lets judge the music by the qualities it has based on the type of music it is. Even if you wanna go by psych rock, those progressions still pale in comparison to what some bands were doing just two years before that album came out.
>>74337594
What contradiction?
>>
>>74337634
>Like I said, it says it up there

I'm talking about your obvious samefagging dude, you know that and the fact you're trying to deflect makes it more obvious
>>
>>74337634
>No, lets judge the music by the qualities it has based on the type of music it is. Even if you wanna go by psych rock
Horry shit, dude, you just don't stop.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
117KB, 500x500px
Sounds like KC might not be for you. If you feel like giving them a second chance, go listen to Starless and Bible Black and/or Red.

Lizard is my fucking jam tho, but you hate jazz, so I guess you'd only enjoy the title track, which is damn near it's own album
>>
>>74337648
My posts>>74337483, >>74337424, and >>74337289 say otherwise. If you want to believe I shamelessly samefagged, go ahead, I don't care.
>>
>>74337629
>>74337426
And you'd take statements like these seriously?
>>
>>74337664
>too mentally fucking retarded to be able to split those two sentences as totally different things, completely missing my point
It's because of idiots like you I am honestly contemplating leaving this place because it's like you gotta spoonfeed everyone everything here.
>>
While I'm bullshittin, how do albums after Red stack up? I have 6 more to go till I've given their studio albums a listen.

And how is Greg Lake's solo stuff?
>>
>>74337708
discipline is like remain in light but focused on technical playing
>>
>>74337844
I have not heard Remain In Light
>>
How do you HATE I talk to the wind?
>>
>>74336077
>I have shit taste
>>
>>74336160
>edited
faggot
>>
>>74337866
RiL is funky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyDb4szpWmc
just listen to the live versions of the songs, they're like 50x better than the studio albums
>>
>>74338835
You're referring to RiL?

And you're saying Discipline has a similar energy to that song? Sounds interesting indeed.

That was a great performance. Seems like it would've been awesome to see.
>>
>>74338930
yep and yep
>>
>>74337325
Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up. The guy you're replying to is actually contributing discussion to a music board (you know, the literal point of a music board? remember? or did all the shitposting addle your brains?) while all you're doing is bitching. Grow a pair and realize that not everyone likes what you like.

>b-b-but muh cotck

I like the album too but I respect that he actually had some sort of thought into the criticism he leveled at it. And you know what? I agree with him. Moonchild is awful. The first and the last songs are far and away the best. "Epitaph" is okay. "ITTTW" is boring. I still like the album and love King Crimson.
>>
king krimson is trash. its autist music for heavy metal retards to jerk off to

just listen to some real jazz. not this mish mash ass garbage
>>
>>74336077
the title track is like the only noteworthy song on the album actually
everything else is alright but not really mindblowing, but the title track is worth hearing
>>
>>74337694
Forget it man. I can't tell anymore whether people are trolling or just fucking retarded. And if you are trolling, why? Why devalue the discussion on this board even further than it has already? And where are you going to have an actual discussion on the music you like?

I'm sick of the fucking memes and the shitposting and the celebrity cocksucking. I just want to talk about the music I like with people who are invested in the discussion. Where the hell is there a decent-sized board for me to do this? Does anyone know?
>>
>>74339036
this. the album appeals to metal head faggots and metallic retards who cant listen to music unless it has an air of rebellious energy. most of these people grew up i a fatherless home, and have some sort of chip on their shoulder
>>
>>74339010
I wasn't even talking about the album or King Crimson at all. And he even agreed with me.
>>74337402
>>
>>74338999
Grazie

Man, that's gonna be a wild change from Red.
>>
>>74336134
Based
>>
File: EjJopdb.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
EjJopdb.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>74336077
>>
>>74340380
Did you have to bump?
>>
dead thread

but if you're gonna listen to dad fusion listen to mahavishnu orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ofh_S52Uks
>>
File: CRS8-NNUYAQ3AjD.jpg (21KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
CRS8-NNUYAQ3AjD.jpg
21KB, 600x397px
>>74336278
Can't believe it's still summer. Only in this time of year will you see samefagging of this caliber
>>
>>74336338
t. summerfag
>>
File: a2034eb3b4.jpg (44KB, 560x388px) Image search: [Google]
a2034eb3b4.jpg
44KB, 560x388px
>>74336077
Dude, check out Discipline
or Red for less faggotry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyoVrVGeqOU

Or just go for something less classic Rock inflenced like Anatomy of the Heads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tZamFKyPwM
>>
Talk to the wind will always be my go to
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.