[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've listened to all of Sun Kil Moon's discography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0510.jpg (848KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0510.jpg
848KB, 800x800px
So I've listened to all of Sun Kil Moon's discography and really loved just about all of it. I've never listened to RHP but I just gave this a shot and... am I missing something? His work with Sun Kil Moon absolutely blows this out of the water in my opinion. Is this a common sentiment that arises due to the disparity in style between the two acts or am I just a giant pleb?
>>
>>74330778
I like them both but I prefer RHP because it's more rockish, I get why someone would prefer Mark's later work.
>>
>>74330778
red house painters must be very bad if an old man's ramblings about panera bread and his dead hick family "blows it out of the water"
>>
>>74330778
i love both equally. if you're not feeling sad or full of self-pity then rhp might not hit you.
>>
>>74331132
>I've listened to one album and will make a huge generalization about the rest of the artist's discography
His music isn't meant for people with ADD or whatever your issue is
>>
>>74331132
this made me laugh
thank you
>>
Sun Kil Moon tends to be more folk/country oriented, with heavy focus on Mark's voice. Red House Painters is more eclectic and sand overall. I'm a big of both projects, but RHP is just better IMO
>>
You might just need to give the music more time. RHP first 2 records are a more angsty and depressing than anything after them I'd say, they suck you in.
>>
>>74331185
mark please don't write a song about me i didn't mean it
>>
>>74330778
Have you listened to any other slowcore? If this is your first introduction to the genre I could see how it might be a bit underwhelming. It's all about packing a bunch of emotion and intrigue into subtle or otherwise understated instrumentation. It works to build a very specific mood, and that album does it perfectly. Combine that sonic cohesion with Mark's songwriting and I think you get a pretty incredible piece of music. I really like Sun Kil Moon but I don't think he'll ever top those first two RHP albums. Maybe try out Rollercoaster if DCH didn't click.

It also helps if you're miserable and fucking hate yourself to really get it, but I think you can admire it without that component.
>>
>>74331315
yeah you seem pretty spot on. I haven't really listened to anything else like this album whereas I really clicked with Mark's capability as a folk/country singer songwriter with Sun Kil Moon. I'm just going to give this album a bit more time and a few more shots. I thought the last song was pretty gorgeous.
>>
>>74331309
incorrect. I'm neither and still sounds comfy, beautiful and awesome
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.