[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>listen to album for years >over time listen more closely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>listen to album for years
>over time listen more closely to lyrics
>paint an entire story in my head based on the lyrics
>find it really interesting, relatable and emotional
>after years of this, look at the actual lyrics
>many of them are actually not what I thought
>songs are about completely different things than what I thought
>don't enjoy the album as much now

anyone else know this feel
>>
this is how I feel anytime I listen to a catchy song then realize the lyrics are about being gay
>>
File: ZOwuXqh.png (13KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
ZOwuXqh.png
13KB, 744x615px
>>74327931
...such as?
>>
fuck man this happens to me so often and it never diminishes in how awful it feels
just this morning i just realized i don't really fuck with gavin degraws "I Don't Want To Be" despite it being my favorite radio tune for so long. But after reading the lyrics... it's so self righteous. I always thought he said "All I gotta do is think of me, and I'll be someone"

which I took as "just focus on yourself and your goals and there is no way you won't become someone of worth"

but it's really "All I gotta do is think of me, and I have peace of mind"

which is basically saying "im perfect and flawless and whenever I feel troubled I just look in the mirror" so whatever

however; Jimmy Eats World's "The Middle" is still pretty sound in it's philosophical message. There are not a lot of songs on the top 100 or w/e that have a net benefit to the society.
>>
>>74327989
xiu xiu - a promise
>>
>>74327931
That just makes it better
>>
>>74328482
thank you for giving me an example of a song that is about being gay
>>
>listen to Wildflower meme song (Frankie Sinatra)
>thought he was saying "Frankie my boy you don't know, you haven't the right voice to sing calypso"
>assumed it was sampled from some ultra obscure 1950's/60's calypso diss track
>thought to myself that that's a cool and brave thing to do back then
>turns out he's saying "you have the perfect voice to sing calypso"
>headcanon ruined
I should probably pay more attention.
>>
>>74327869
Happened to me with MPP. Thought the album was about being homeless and how being completely stripped of materialism makes you realise that the happiest things in life are found in the simple luxuries we all take for granted, like having a roof over our head and a meal every day

>A friend and me were getting by
>in a moving room filled with arts and crafts
>he said I left you clothes
>in a trunk safe
>but what I really want is a simple place
>with no fancy clothes cause you can't eat those

I thought those were the lyrics to 'Taste'. Also...

>There isn't much that I feel I need
>A solid soul and a ???
>with a little girl I'd buy my house
>I only want a proper house

Though those were the lyrics to My Girls

Other lyrics I remember include 'listening to songs from cars as they pass by' while 'sleeping under cardboard smell that trash'. Like you know a homeless person does
>>
>>74328670
>listen to 'Harmony' 50+ times before I hear the female vocalist singing 'FIND A FAMILY' in the background

also there's morse code playing during the last track
>>
>>74328760
I remember thinking "Daily Routine" was about a young woman living in the city feeling both belittled and exhausted trying to get by and feel loved, too.
>AND WALKING SMAAAALLLLLL
>>
>>74327869
Realised 'Jules Lost his Jewels' by Ariel Pink is about his penis and couldn't listen to it anymore
>>
>>74329215
Pretty sure it's about his cat being neutered
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.