[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Details on Bjork’s new album from the new Dazed issue 1/2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

Details on Bjork’s new album from the new Dazed issue 1/2

The album "feels lighter than air, [...] flutes and woodwinds instruments punctuated by the sound of birdsong and the natural world".
It was co-produced by Arca, "whose twisted take on electronics give many of the songs their unusual form" and Rabit has co-production credits on some of the tracks too.
"Fusing beauty and brutality", there are still "moments of harshness [...] Rabit provides a crushing jackhammer rhythm on one of his tracks. But even these act to contrast with the buoyant sound of the rest of the album providing an overall feeling of weightlessness, an unwavering up-ness".
Some of the bird sounds that appear between tracks were recorded by Björk herself in the Caribbean, others come from David Toop's Hekura (a rare recording of shamanic rituals in Southern Venezuela).
She describes the album as "a dating album". "It's definitely about the search and about being in love".
Some of song titles: The Gate, Allow, Loss, Features Creatures.
Andrew Thomas Huang directed the video for The Gate, "which sees the musician wearing a bespoke dress designed by Gucci's Alessandro Michele and a headpiece by frequent collaborator James Merry". Björk says The Gate is "essentially a love song but love in a more transcendent way. Vulnicura was about a personal loss, and I think this new album is about a love that is even greater. It's about rediscovering love but in a spiritual way, for lack of a better word".
>>
>Bjork is coming out with a new album
Mild interest
>Co-produced by Arca
Hightened interest
>>
>>74326117

2/2

Allow is "one of the most straightforward, melodic songs that she's played so far, though she isn't sure if she'll include it on the final record." The song is about her relationship with Arca.
Arca "encouraged her to pursue a direction that she'd hinted at on obscure cuts like Batabid and Ambergris March".

Loss, one of the Rabit collaborations, is "one of the immediate highlights" of the album,"pure feeling".

Features Creatures "describes the feeling of seeing someone with the same beard and the same accent as her lover. Is she talking about anyone specific? "Yeah," she says

I set myself up with the last album being a heartbreak album, so everyone's going to be like "Are you married?" with this one. But... it's too fragile still. I think, if I could, I'd just say this is my dating album. Let's just leave it there."

A yet unnamed track explores the idea of not only "discovering a personal paradise" but "building one for the planet" as well.

I love Batabid so that comment especially is really exciting
>>
File: homersmile.gif (1MB, 194x284px) Image search: [Google]
homersmile.gif
1MB, 194x284px
>>74326117
>>74326172
So Bjork is dating, huh?
>>
>>74326422
Yeah, me!
>>
File: DAMAGED.jpg (130KB, 757x505px) Image search: [Google]
DAMAGED.jpg
130KB, 757x505px
>>74326117
>Arca, "whose twisted take on electronics give many of the songs their unusual form"
>twisted take on electronics
>twisted
>>
>>74326563
Even artist Bjork wasn’t safe from Arca’s twisted vision.
“One time I yelled ‘quantize’ and Jared turned to me and said ‘what if someone just stood in the middle of Wall Street and yelled quantize? Maybe the monikers in suits would forget their trained routine of going to work’ My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That’s when I thought, is he getting in character to perform electronica, or is electronica something that’s been in him all along?”
“Sometimes i would go to look into the track lists, and I noticed Arca had put something in the comments. It was stuff like ‘What if synths were guns? Would you buy a mass murderer?’ and ‘White Noise. Samples. Insanity.’ I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to perform.”
>>
Can’t wait! Hopefully the single is out soon if not the album itself.

Her saying ‘very soon’ and the fact there’s no release date on the preorder, makes me think she’ll just release it out of nowhere.

She also said she hates the wait between announcing an album and releasing it
>>
Sounds great, kind of like Vespertine 2 with a hint of Post/Volta.
>>
File: IMG_2373.jpg (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2373.jpg
101KB, 640x640px
did they?
>>
>>74328008
arca's 100% gay
>>
so hyped for this
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.