[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be embarrassed for only listening to video game music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

Should I be embarrassed for only listening to video game music? It's the only thing that does anything to me.

Listening to any other form of music either bore me (classic, jazz) or sound so bad it's irritating (pop, rap, rock, electronic, most modern music).
>>
File: 1495386563258.jpg (51KB, 300x335px) Image search: [Google]
1495386563258.jpg
51KB, 300x335px
Yes, you should be embarrassed
>>
it could be somewhat debatable, but you posted skyrim OST so...

>>>/v/
>>
File: you-decide001.jpg (61KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
you-decide001.jpg
61KB, 1024x768px
>>74324978
master bait or master scrub?
>>
>>74324978
This is probably bait but the worst thing is that there are really people like that
>>
File: BULLSHIT.png (647KB, 616x587px) Image search: [Google]
BULLSHIT.png
647KB, 616x587px
>>74324978
Only if you listen to it on a console
>>
People with bad taste in music are usually friendlier so don't be ashamed.
>>
>>74324978
I had a school friend like this way back in the day, it infuriated me to no end, i'd constantly recommend what I and many would be consider classics, but he would have none of it, saying things along the lines of "lyrics are stupid and meaningless" and "music is the shittest form of art".

To 'fix' it, if you feel it needs fixing, just browse /mu/ for suggestions or go entry level with Needledrop, and cultivate a taste for the forms behind the sounds themselves, how its made etc. it will create a subconscious appreciation (at least I feel) for most genres of music, it's worth a try, you're missing out otherwise!
>>
>>74325051
I knew a couple back in the day at school, it annoyed me mostly because i simply couldn't understand why.
>>
the only good soundtrack is Drakengard
>>
>>74325096
music is the shittiest form of art tho
other than like macaroni drawings or whatever
>>
>>74325050
>>74325051

It's not bait. I know you know there are people like that. I'm one of them.
Of course I word my posts to solicit responses but that's how I feel fundamentally.

>>74325079
I don't have bad taste in music. I just don't have any.
I don't understand the appeal of a succession of sounds and what it's supposed to do for you. Video game music just reminds me of good moments playing them while I'm working on something boring. I don't judge them based on musical merit or anything because I have no idea what musical merit is supposed to be in the first place.
>>
>>74325190
>music is the shittiest form of art tho
I feel this way. It's utterly meaningless like modern art.

A painting, a sculpture directly evoke something tangible. What are sounds supposed to evoke?
>>
>>74325224
something abstract that pleb like you will never get lmfao
>>
>>74325224

>What are sounds supposed to evoke?

Feelings, memories, daydreams, temptations -- altered consciousness
>>
>>74325224
brainlet
>>
>>74324978
you probably haven't put any effort into discovering music and have no knowledge beyond the top 40
>>
>>74325192
A lack of variety in taste is bad taste.
>>
>>74325224
Why are you on this board?
>>
>>74324978
t. 15 year old

It's ok you will learn one day.
>>
File: 354.jpg (37KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
354.jpg
37KB, 680x684px
>>74325279
>>74325344
>>74325374

Are you sure you're not just trying too hard to find something in it?
>>
>>74325458
no you're just a broken person
>>
>>74325458
Nope, definitely a brainlet
>>
>>74325224
this is the most literally autistic thing I've ever read
>>
>>74325458
Holy shit man even the lowest of Brazilian nigger monkeys have appreciation for music. You're literally dumber than that.

And for the record, visual arts are too fucking simple.
>>
>>74325019
There are exceptions, like Shoji Meguro.
But if >>74324978 unironically listens to the OST of Skyrim, then yes, you should be embarrassed.
>>
>>74325522
>the lowest of Brazilian nigger monkeys have appreciation for music

Well it should tell you something. I'm not sure if neanderthals really had an ear for music.
>>
>>74325190
>>74325224
legitimate autism
You probably think videogames are a form of art, too
>>
I knew a girl that hated jazz, indie, drone, rock, anything from america basically, anything from Europe, any African music, reggae, ska, folk, experimental, sound collage you name it.

She had "brave as a noun" by Andrew Jackson Jihad on her phone because she thought it was so bad its good. She only unironically listened to Japanese video game soundtracks and entry level classical
>>
>>74325673
>You probably think videogames are a form of art, too
no.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>74324978
I dunno. Some games have good sound tracks. I liked some of skyrim's music. But I probably wouldn't listen to it recreationally unless I was doing something that it really fit.

If you refuse to listen to anything else, that's the real problem.
>>
>>74325683
But Brave As A Noun is fucking rad.
>>
>>74325765
It's not that I refuse. I don't really listen that much to video game music either but I figured it would be a better way to attract replies. Music just falls on deaf ears to me and I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing.

Now I regret it because most of the answers are pure shit. I'm positive all the retards have no idea why they appreciate music either. It's like cigarettes, you start and like it because other people do.
>>
File: Classic Jack Frost.png (2MB, 1295x1617px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Jack Frost.png
2MB, 1295x1617px
>>74325566
Yeah, I love Shoji Meguro's stuff. I have a few vidya OST's I listen to but it's more about whether the music is good on it's own rather than reminding me of a game I like. For example, va11 halla's OST is great on it's own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2O2ec8n6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jnD6dF0u_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU1QmW0LI64
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.