[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend any other good white rappers? Was recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: em.jpg (242KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
em.jpg
242KB, 1920x1280px
Can anyone recommend any other good white rappers? Was recently having a little search for other good white rappers besides the obvious.

I was surprised by the amount there are that have actual hip-hop acclaim and genuinely noteworthy creativity / output.

Some that I found that some of you may be familiar with...
- Aesop Rock
- Brother Ali
- Sage Francis
- El-P

I actually found that the creativity of those guys and some others is actually more striking than a vast majority of even good black rappers. Much more diverse subject matter and originality. Probably due to the fact that white rappers have to work harder to seem legitimate and get real credibility.

So it probably weeds out the real bad and only the truly creative emerge to anywhere near the top of the ranks. Where as because it's thought of as a black artform, many shitty black rappers get accepted more easily. Ie. black rappers who get automatic acceptance of ghetto stories just because they're black vs. white rappers who get every detail of every element of their life studied lmao.

Not trying to create a racial divide here, I basically only listen to black artists besides Em, just surprised by how many actual good white rappers there were. If you check some of those guy's albums too, some of them have universal acclaim on numerous albums. Gonna be checking everything out by them.
>>
Dose One from anticon.
>>
>>74318869
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMA_iZ7effY

this rapper dropped over a million views and just released his first song ever within the month
>>
>>74318869
A difficult question. Because there's so few white rappers, the sea of terrible ones that follow clichés and rely on pop appeal seems amplified. Even if they stick to their roots, such as rappers like Yelawolf, it doesn't sound that great overall. Beastie Boys is an instant example for me, but even then, they're rap rock.

Even the white rappers I appreciate (aside from your list), I appreciate to only some extent. Logic has some good songs here and there, and Lil Dicky is a fun novelty, but a full record from both isn't worth hearing. Same could be said for Mac Miller and Paul Wall and whoever that guy from Atmosphere is. It's a shame, because people will go one to praise artists like Logic, Watsky, G-Eazy, Machine Gun Kelly, etc. over some sort of "technical ability", while neglecting that their lyrics are really surface-deep and their production sounds like it was pulled from YouTube type beats.

It's an issue with hip-hop in general that frustrates me with its mainstream regardless of race, but also, I'm on /mu/. It's not like that affects me. It makes up a lot of people's taste, so it's appealing somehow.
>>
Paul Wall
>>
-Demigodz/Army of The Pharaohs (specifically for me, Apathy, and Celph Titled)
-Basically any white dude/group on ppRhymesayers Entertainment, i.e. Atmosphere, Grieves, etc.
-High And Mighty
-Cage
-Eyedea
-Rob Sonic (also check out Hail Mary Mallon, has Rob Sonic and Aesop Rock as a rapping duo and Bestiary is one of the best albums of hip-hop's modern age imo)
-Jam Baxter
-Edward Scissortongue
-Beastie Boys

An quick list of white rappers/hip-hop groups I could think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>74318869
You might like Eyedea, Fort Minor's Rising Tied is still good. Vinnie Paz in Jedi Mind Tricks, The Constructus Corporation, and Ninja's Die Antwoord.
>>
>>74319030
what are the essentials for fort minor?
>>
>>74319006
Same poster, thought of a couple more:
-Tonedeff
-Lil Ugly Mane / Bedwetter
-Wiki
-Sadistik
-Bones
>>
File: atmosphere god loves ugly.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
atmosphere god loves ugly.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>
>>74319131
Only Rising Tied really, all the rest just youtube first. Though I guess the instrumental album is good.
>>
>>74318869
Might as well ask for a list of talented black country western bands.
>>
>>74319165
This is pretty good so far. I don't know why I always passed FM over.
>>
>>74319252
Because of their Linkin Park/ Rap-Rock stigma.
Its a really underrated album.
>>
>>74318869
RA the Rugged Man has some nice lyrics, but his production is weak most of the time.

Vinnie Paz is nasty af, and Eyedea is one of the greatest battle rappers of all time.
>>
OP it just so happens that I'm a white boi who likes hippity hop. This is by no means an exhaustive list or a list full of the best music ever made, but there are legit gems on here so I really suggest checking them out.

I'll jump on the train and say Vinnie Paz/Army of the Pharaohs.

Rittz is pretty amazing. He's rapped for a long time but only gotten big over the last few years. One of the fastest and most articulate in his category. And yeah he's named Rittz after the cracker because he's white. Check the song called For Real.

I can't believe no one has said Yelawolf yet either for that matter. He's one of the most famous white rappers and actually helped launch Rittz's career into fruition. His album called Radioactive is good and so is his newest one.
>>
>>74320147
Part 2

The UK based collective known as Rhyme Asylum is fucking awesome but they only have 2 albums and will probably never release any more. Check the song Multiplicity as a starter.

Ill Bill and Diabolic are in the borderline underground scene but is worth a listen. The songs My uncle by Ill Bill and Frontlines by Diabolic are good starters.

Watsky is a skinny jewish kid but he's really technical and pretty good. Woah Woah Woah is his most famous song so give it a check.

Ubiquitous is half of a group called Ces Cru. He has a solo album but it's pretty meh desu. Love the dude but he's better in a tagteam situation. The song Skip by Ces Cru is a solo piece with him and worth a listen. The song Gridlock is a really good song with both members rapping on it.

Dirty Heads are not rap per se but they make some rap songs. Very California stoner vibe. Also very summery and road trip tier. Burn slow is a good song to start.

Also agreeing with the above anon that reccd Hail Mary Mallon. If you like Aesop then you will enjoy HMM considering he's half of the duo with Rob Sonic. Grubsteaks and Kiln are really good songs with Kiln being my favorite song by the collective. (The Uncluded is Aesop Rock and Kimya Dawson doing rap folk if you can call it that. It's interesting to say the least. The song Jambi is good)

¡MAYDAY! is a pretty amazing group and honestly unlike any other group in their realm. Listen to the whole Believers album vecause I can't rec one single song over the others, it's crazy.

Prozak is also an amazing and really sinister artist. He can pull off the evil shit without sounding like an edgy 14 year old. The songs Vigilante or Molotov are a good jumping off point for him.

Hope you check these guys OP. You really won't regret it. I bet you'll enjoy at least one or two of them minimum.
>>
Four Owls
>>
Tyler Joseph is the most talented rapper of the decade so far, black or white
>>
Post Malone is goat-tier
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.