[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to build up my music library. Taking suggestions based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: DFt0b0vU0AABbFx.jpg (85KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
DFt0b0vU0AABbFx.jpg
85KB, 600x849px
Looking to build up my music library. Taking suggestions based on what I already have as well as your personal favorites.

Currently have 157 tracks.
Notable Song from my Library: A-Z

Carnival; The Pillows
Congratulations; Post Malone
The Distance; Cake
Do I wanna know; Arctic Monkeys
El MaƱana; Gorillaz
Hotel California; Eagless
Karate; Baby metal
Love-Drug; Die-Antwoord
Modal Soul; Nujabes
Naive; The Kooks
Onion; One Ok Rock
Pink Season
Pop Culture; Madeon
Pushing the Sky; The Seat belts
Running in the 90s
Slice The Snake
Snakes in Tracksuits
The Spine; from Transistor
You Reposted in the Wrong Neighborhood

There is a bunch of other random stuff. Including songs from game anf anime soundtracks like Gundam Unicorn, Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon, etc. As well as YouTube musicians like Miracle of Sound and Jonathan Young.
>>
File: cst012hires.jpg (329KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
cst012hires.jpg
329KB, 900x900px
Is this bait? This has got to be bait.

Whatever, just listen to this shit.
>>
>>74315941
I assure you it's not. Genuinely looking for more music. Open to all suggestions.
>>
>>74315941
at least hes trying

kinda weird for someone from /a/ to be so unabashedly asking to be spoonfed

just go through the /mu/core chart to get a better sense of what genres you like and come back

something youll probably like thats not there is turn on the bright lights
>>
>>74316012
>at least he's trying
He's not. Asking to be spoonfed is not trying. OP lurk moar and check the sticky for the essentials charts.
>>
>>74316012
but like he's listing songs... this is a weird ass selection.. no albums... not even artists.

He's done zero exploring on his own. I've never encountered this.
>>
>>74316050
I've found most albums have maybe one good song if that. Also artist is listed after ; next to song.
>>
>>74315293
I'm only here because of Kaede
>>
>>74315293
Well maybe you could try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWzzNvcxY4w

Kind of reminds me of the Metal Gear soundtrack.
>>
>>74316102
So let me get this straight, everyone else who listens to full albums or most of an album is wrong and that every artist only has one good song per album? You're a fucking moron. If you listen to garbage that might hold true but the fact is you're just listening to really shitty music and you haven't actually put in the work to find stuff that's more interesting (or actually sat down and listened to an album).

What the fuck dude. Just look up the /mu/core chart and pick literally anything.
>>
>>74315293
I recommend logh, boogiepop phantom, the english dub of fist of the north star (different ost than the jap version) and utena. made in abyss for currently airing stuff, Kevin Penkin is doing a great job so far.
>>
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
>>
>>74315293
also watch tekkon kinkreet if you havent already, its got plaid and they're 10/10. studio 4c has some good music video stuff too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWOLYJ_ZrLY

yes, i am spoonfeeding you anime instead of music. you dont get spoonfed whatever you want.
>>
>>74316243
You know what I probably have been listening to garbage as all my music has come from CD you made before 2011 that I found in a box of handmedowns, or songs from animes that my friend share with me. I live 3 miles from the nearest town, and 15 miles from the nearest city, I have no car and no cell service. I get my internet from a tether to my brother's phone and im only able to use that after he goes to bed, At around 11.

So please continue to act like a high and mighty faggot, you cunt. I'm asking for songs that people likeep as that's easier to get than sifting through a whole album. I'll look into other things by artist based on whether or not I liked that song.
>>
>>74316413
Text to speech errors are rad.
>>
>>74316413
>I've found most albums have maybe one good song

Oh no, you don't get to backtrack away from this incredibly stupid and nonsensical point you just made.

Anyway, here's wonderwall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc
>>
>>74316465
I'm not trying to back track. My point in that statement was I haven't found a whole album that I've liked. It's usually 1 song I want to keep on my HDD/Zune. There are a couple albums I've kept more than one song sure, but it tops out a 3-4 songs. Except from the Unicorn OST as I enjoy Orchestra/big band instrumentals, and stuff from the Seatbelts as I like that Swing/Jazz thing they have going.
>>
Well for starts kid A radio head
>>
>>74316465
Also I have wonderwall. I listened to some other Oasis songs and they didn't click with me.
>>
>>74316413
Just start downloading multiple albums before you go to sleep and try out which ones you think are good. People could recommend you songs, but you came to /mu/, people here really like listening to music, so they would rather enjoy in ways that allow you to really dive in to experience for longer and get more satisfaction out of it. There are /mu/-core charts that will make it pretty easy to find good music based on genre

You like the Pillows listen to Happy Bivouac, you like Madeon, listen to Adventure and Worlds by Porter Robinson, you like Modal Soul, which is the title track of a good album, etc. You can listen to these and start getting a feel for listening to albums
>>
>>74316765
Oh yeah, stand corrected, I do have the whole Modal Soul album on my mp3.
>>
File: 1495677360911.jpg (2MB, 1500x3102px) Image search: [Google]
1495677360911.jpg
2MB, 1500x3102px
>>74316648
Here you go anon
>>
>>74316809
I still to this day have no idea why sub /mu/ core is called pitchfork core on some charts. P4K hates the Mars Volta
>>
>>74316394
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>74315293
Listen to the mumemes like In The Aeroplane Over The Sea and The Money Store
>>
>>74316809
I'm gonna try and go through all these.
>>
>>74316935
Thanks, I kinda like what I'm hearing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5A_DBIP_Yk
>>
>>74317293
Not bad.
>>
Lemme recommend you some SoundCloud niggas rap

Khary & Lege Kale - Tidal Graves
Quantrelle - whatever his new album's called
LanteMusic - Doubted
Rey Mula - all his Fuckin singles, too many of em
Lando Skyy - Nightmares of Success
Khary - Intern Aquarium
Khary - his other 3 singles he dropped this summer
Jidenna - all that shit nigga, lit asf
Basically khary. Fucking fire. Jeez.
>>
>>74317859
Thanks, I'll take a look.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.