[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else think Paperback writer sounds like the "bridge"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Paperrain.jpg (54KB, 360x356px) Image search: [Google]
Paperrain.jpg
54KB, 360x356px
Anyone else think Paperback writer sounds like the "bridge" between early moptop Beatles and later psychedelic Beatles?
>>
and Rain is the first full-on psychedelia
>>
>>74299652
I like how Ringo's drumming got so funky on that song, like hip hop beats.
>>
REMINDED THAT THERE ARE PLEBS THAT THINK AN ALBUM THAT COULD HAVE HAD PAPERBACK WRITER AND RAIN BUT INSTEAD HAS MEDIOCRE STUFF LIKE GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE, I WANT TO TELL YOU AND FOR NO ONE IS THE BEST BEATLES' ALBUM
>>
>>74300108
>for no one
>mediocre
here's your reply
>>
>>74300108
Why wouldn't you replace Yellow Submarine and Doctor Robert?
>>
>>74300216
Because at least those are fun and not boring
>>
>>74299647
It's mostly because of the recording. Much like Rain, recording techniques were improved drastically; for Rain, they introduced close-milked drums (hence why Ringo sounds so great in that song), Paperback Writer introduced a new way of recording bass that was louder and smoother.

While you have Rubber Soul, Day Tripper and We Can Work It Out showing signs of new songwriting and a new way that The Beatles thought of their own music (We Can Work It Out switches from 4/4 to 3/4, notably), it's only on Revolver and its single that it gets really noticeable because of the studio techniques introduced.
>>
>>74299647
Yes.
I've thought this ever since I heard those songs.
I thought I was all alone in this world.
Thanks for validating what I've always believed, new friend.
>>
>>74300761
Close-MILKED drums?!
>>
>>74300839
That's just a term; what it means is that the microphones are nearly touching the drums themselves to record it. Other things include dampening the bass drum to get a better sound.
>>
>>74300108
I LIKE Got To Get You Into My Life, and I Want To Tell You, but I agree that For No One is a piece of shit and should never have been on the album.

>>74300216
Why WOULD you?
Those songs are GOAT!
>>
>>74300839
Yes, and recorded in doubly stereo.
(Fans of Spinal Tap will get the joke)
>>
>>74300108
The three songs you mentioned are great. YS and DR should have been the singles instead and PW and Rain should have been on the album
>>
>>74300904
You are a hipster nu-male that lacks any fun and takes music too seriously and likes to be percieved as an intellectual
>>
>>74300108
>FOR NO ONE
that song is beautiful
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.