[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear fellow /mu/sicians; This is my current approach to practicing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: practice.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
practice.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
Dear fellow /mu/sicians;

This is my current approach to practicing my instruments:
I will pick a song or lesson to learn and then learn it in this order
1. Repetition until each part is muscle memory
2. Playing it with expression
3. Reviewing and understanding the theory of the piece

and then I move on. Is this effective? Share your practice advice.
>>
>>74296936
I've started playing the piano after 10 years on the keyboard. I would like to know this as well.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
thread was over before it started ok
>>
>>74296936
>Playing an instrument
>in 2017

Learn how to put together a song in a DAW. You can learn how to play instruments later. Honestly you don't even need to learn how to play an instrument. Hire people to play them for you.
>>
>>74296936
If you're playing drums, then the best exercise is alternating between practicing your rudiments to a metronome increasing in tempo at intervals + grooving to a metronome + grooving without the metronome for feel
>>
>>74296936
It's pretty affective, but you'll have to be pretty careful with the songs or the lessons you choose. You wouldn't play smoke on the water and hop on to thundersteel or something.

>>74297453
Yeah but you yourself wouldn't improve.
>>
Yeah learning pieces is the fastest way to get better OP, just make sure you're doing it by ear. Also it's fine, even perhaps more efficient, to cherry pick little sections that you like here and there as opposed to whole songs. Once you've figured a melody or riff out or whatever, play it in every key, over every chord you can think of - turn it upside down, play it backwards, steal that motherfucker and make it more yours than it was ever the original composers. Then you will get good.
>>
>>74297453
You're an idiot. Engineers/producers who don't have a clue how to play music are a joke in the industry.
>>
>>74297453
i've already been playing for 7 years, just looking for outside advice on practice.

>not that anybody gives a shit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.