[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think any rap album could be considered a 10/10.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1501503543259.jpg (16KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1501503543259.jpg
16KB, 320x310px
I don't think any rap album could be considered a 10/10. It's not that I don't like rap music, I just think there's inherent flaws to the genre that have yet to be surpassed.
>>
I don't think any rock album could be considered a 10/10. It's not that I don't like rock music, I just think there's inherent flaws to the genre that have yet to be surpassed.
>>
>>74292837
I agree with this too
>>
>>74292802
Elaborate op
>>
>>74292894
I don't mean to say that I don't think rap is good, and I do Genuinely think that there are great rap albums, some of which could stand up as music-defining. But that doesn't really change that rap has always had problems with vocalization and lyricism (it seems that when the song isn't about "thug" things, it's very stilted want awkward, and this is because rhythm and meter come before lyricism in the genre) and also that it's inherently a pop-oriented genre, without music room for experimentation. Hell, College Dropout was heralded as revolutionary in it's time and the only real revolutionary thing it did was the soul samples and not rap about bitches, which shouldn't be revolutionary. There are experimental rap albums like cLOUDDEAD and Madvillainy, but those are either gimmicky or underdeveloped ideas.
>>
>>74293038
this is kind of a fair point. I don't think it's entirely correct, but it's certainly cogent. I'm pleasantly surprised
>>
>>74292869
I'm curious as to if you think there currently exists a genre that could produce a 10/10 album, and if so, what/which ones?
>>
>>74293829
I think the only genres capable of producing a 10/10 album would be Jazz or Folk
>>
>>74293880
Folk is literally recycling past folk music
>>
>>74294083
your point? you could say this about any genre.
>>
>>74294099
You say rap and rock can't have 10/10 albums because the genres inherently lack experimentation, but then you name a genre that literally is the opposite of that idea
>>
>>74294146
im not OP lol
>>
>>74294177
fuck off OP
>>
>>74294146
That's not me. I don't mean folk in the tradition of passing down, but folk in the style of lyricism and potency. And it's not inherently a bad thing to build off the ideas of those who came before, the experimentation comes with how the meld and change those ideas
>>
>>74294177
Oh okay lol my b
>>
Every major genre is capable of producing a 10/10. Whether they have yet or not is up for debate, but if I had to name a 10/10 in every major genre (subgenre wankery fuck off) I think I probably could, though I would admit I'm a bit pressed for a hip hop one, and would probably resort to trip hop (though that does still fall under the broader genre).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.