[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the fact that corporations have realized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot (10).png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (10).png
3MB, 1920x1080px
How do you feel about the fact that corporations have realized the best way to market music isn't through style, form, or melody but rather through lyrics about social politics?
>>
Anthony literally just panned to "Socially conscious" albums this week.

If you have a good album you have a good album. If you have a good album with well thought out commentary, you have a goldmine.

But if the music is shit no ones going to care.

>Bob Dylan
>Hopsin

The list goes on.
>>
>>74291598
Bob Dylan's early music is better than anything by Kendrick.
>>
>>74291598
>The list goes on.
t.6 yr old
>>
File: hikhikhkihnkol.jpg (33KB, 373x550px) Image search: [Google]
hikhikhkihnkol.jpg
33KB, 373x550px
>>74291540
>How do you feel about the fact that corporations have realized the best way to market music isn't through style, form, or melody but rather through lyrics about social politics?
bwhahahahahahahahah

I think you mean corporate collusion, paid shills and native advertising.
>>
>>74291540

1990s
>why is gangsta rap so shallow, rappers should be sending positive messages to young black men in poverty
2000s
>why is rap all about sex and drugs, rappers should be talking about real issues the African-American community faces
2010s
>why is rap all about politics, Jesus just shut up about racism you goddamn SJWs
>>
>>74291763
1987-present
>why's rap run by Jewish gangsters?
>>
>>74291763
>let me take complaints from wildly different people and attribute them to an OP who has nothing to do with any of them

jesus christ you must be in your teens still
>>
>>74291540
after the election politics is huge right now.
in 2009 we got pop music about wanting more money and getting drunk on the regular.
what's selling sells. eventually (hopefully soon) tides will shift. Who knows what we'll get next, could be violence and rage, could be nostalgia, could be psychedelia... gotta see where history takes us
>>
>>74291813
>what's selling sells
hahaha

what we're getting has literally nothing to do w/ sales and really the music industry in general has been nothing but propaganda for the last 10 years.

It's a form of Communism.
>>
>>74291540

idk it happened like 80 years ago
>>
>>74291540
White guilt is so prevalent that I'd bet that there are perhaps more whites than blacks that consume "conscious" hip hop on the regular. Most blacks aren't intelligent enough to even grasp the basic political and social commentary in conscious hip hop. They're mostly listening to trap and party music.

Corporations are just reaping what they've sown after propagandizing the white populace with white guilt for several years now.
>>
>>74291763
>sex and drugs
>positive messages
>>
>>74291897
nice race baiting shill

who the fuck do you idiots think you're fooling?

you dumb fucks don't realize this bullshit is actually bringing blacks and whites closer togethor.
>>
>>74291875
whatever bro maybe you got what i meant anyway
what's happening now dictates what they're gonna make / it is according to a plan (we are on the same page you just sound like a kid)
>10 years
lol
>>
>>74291946
>shill
Ugh.
>>
>>74291972
>lol
well, yeah....since inception. But they've definitely tightened the clamps the last 10 years or so. They've done anything they could to consolidate and dominate the culture at every level.

I suspect there is little genuine commerce left.
>>
File: 1485349214515.jpg (17KB, 200x232px) Image search: [Google]
1485349214515.jpg
17KB, 200x232px
>>74291598
>>74291763
>>74291946
bluepilled

>>74291540
>>74291897
redpilled

>>74291751
bogpilled
>>
>>74291897
Hiphop is so prevalent among the middle class that I'd bet that there are perhaps more whites than blacks that consume "conscious" hip hop on the regular (considering there are more whites in the middle class). Most poor folk aren't tuned into the correct propaganda feeds enough to even grasp the incredibly basic political and social commentary in conscious hip hop. They're mostly listening to trap and party music centered around themes popular in poverty industries.

Corporations are just reaping what they've sown after individually propagandizing the populace with exquisitely programmed marketing for several years now.
>>
Please go back to /pol/. I don't even really like rap, but this stuff is just tedious. Talk about how it's musically shit if you want. There is no big conspiracy here. Think about trap and drill -- they aren't sjw concious stuff, pretty much the opposite. But they're the cool sub-genres of rap now.
>>
>>74292033
cuckpilled
>>
>>74292021
Yep. And it was all intentional. Since '''Napster'''.
>>
There's a difference in music that's formulated for mass appeal and sales volume, and music written with unique audiences in mind. But it's not all black and white. There's fluidity between mainstream appeal and muh "originality". What you hear on Top40 radio is basically a fidget spinner for your ears. Trends come and go, just like every hashtag written in the name of trendy bullshit, while the truly profound is granted permanence.

tl:dr I couldn't give any less of a fuck
>>
>>74291763
underrated post

The Kendrick album is pretty good, even though I got annoyed with /mu/ shilling it for weeks when it was released. Definitely not a 10/10.
>>
>>74292033
>people think in these terms
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.