[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. TWOTHONY HEADEDBOYTANO here. The worlds busiest music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

File: anthony.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
anthony.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
Hey guys. TWOTHONY HEADEDBOYTANO here. The worlds busiest music nerd. Today we're going to be talking about the classic Areoplane Over The Sea album from Neutral Milk Hotel. A little history about the band. This is their second and last record, although they might be making more in the future. The album got a large cult following on a certain Mongolian basket weaving forum. Now, the albums opening track, titled King Of Carrot Flowers Part I is in a solid opener for an album. We get a strong acoustic guitar riff right off the bat, which leads us into the vocals. The strumming of the guitar is very fast and loud, but it doesn't over shadow the vocals. The vocals are audible and clear and they weren't just made louder through gain, or at least it doesn't sound like it. Later in the song we get some sort of distorted brass instrument in the background. I have to say this, not only about the opening track but the entire album, is that the lyrics always manage to be creative and interesting. They're dark but also quite funny at points. Very deep while still having a clear and precise theme and tune. The next songs are titled King Of Carrot Flowers Part II and III. I don't really know why these songs were titled as continuation songs to the opener. They not really connected, and they're right after each other. I felt that they could have just given the songs different names, or if they wanted to have them be connected so badly then they could have just made combined them into the same song. It's a minor complaint though. What's not so a minor complaint, is that at points in the album, the vocalist is either extremely good or kind of whiny. It's not through the whole thing, but at points in the songs the vocalist just kind of sounds like he's yodeling.
>>
File: fantano.jpg (23KB, 712x400px) Image search: [Google]
fantano.jpg
23KB, 712x400px
Aside from that though, this is a really good album. Some of the songs like untitled or communist daughter might be a little difficult at first, but they really grew on me. If you like folk in any form, I'd recommend checking it out. The lyrics are some of the most clever I've heard in a while, the guitar is played with expertise and passion, the song layout if great, there's just so many good things about this album. I'm feeling a decent 9 on this here record.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.