[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Q: One of the things that intrigues me is how you arrive at certain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
Q: One of the things that intrigues me is how you arrive at certain conclusions about genres of music. For example, you openly dislike heavy metal. Why is that?
A: Because it's symphonic bombast without the technical complexity of classical music, although there is a lot of virtuosity. I can say this--I'm 72. This isn't the time for me to start liking loud guitar solos. That music is so masculine in a retrograde way. I don't like it...it's a very 19th century idea of power.
>>
based
>>
>>74280566
i sorta agree but also fuck him.
>>
Christgau was the original nu male decades before the term was coined.
>>
What kind of male hates masculinity?
>>
>>74280850
I do.
>>
>>74280863
You like putting dicks in your mouth?
>>
he projects the image of his old tormenters from high school onto metal fans
>>
>>74280879
Yes.
>>
>Christgau married fellow critic and writer Carola Dibbell in 1974;[1] they have an adopted daughter, Nina, born in Honduras in 1986.
cuck
>>
>>74281035
His daughter is actually a year older than that. He mentions adopting her in this column.

https://www.robertchristgau.com/xg/cg/cgv7-85.php
>>
>>74280850
he said he hates masculinity that presents itself in a retrogade way, not outright masculinity

although i do agree he shouldn't have used the term masculinity
>>
It's funny because I was just on an 80s binge and I noticed how many songs about nuclear war there were back then and everyone did them yet he shits on metal bands for doing exactly the same thing.

So why is it ok for U2 to make a song about nuclear war but when Iron Maiden does it, they're worse than Hitler.
>>
>>74281143
Read his review of Master of Puppets. He says he agreed with Metallica's politics but disliked their muscled image. And actually he said he could never fully get behind U2 because they were too rooted in 70s AOR sounds for his taste (iow not simple and punk rawk enough for him). I get the impression he just dislikes the cartoony, over-the-top imagery of metal and can't take it seriously even when it has a message he agrees with.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.