[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you write all songs for your band >you leave after getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1500187490287.jpg (25KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1500187490287.jpg
25KB, 411x412px
>you write all songs for your band
>you leave after getting in a fight with the singer for changing your lyrics and making them shitty
>they cant play the songs without you cause theyre actually shit
>when they call you today wanting you back
i really don't want to go back, especially because they haven't admitted yet that they can't cut it without me but i have a day job and little time to deal with children. i do really miss playing live though. what should i do?
i went to one of their shows at the shitty local "art collective" here and stood in back where they couldn't see me, and it was just terrible. one of the songs they tried to write themselves was like a 15 second rift repeated for 4 minutes as the singer just said the same two lines over and over again, they can't even impress drunk people anymore.
>>
not a musician here, but if you do go back lay down some ground rules. If you're writing the lyrics, they can't touch them without talking to you. Just like you aren't allowed to go fuck with their instruments without asking them.
>>
They obviously didn't appreciate you. I'd say to just cut your losses and go off by yourself or join/make another band. Old habits die hard and they would probably not respect your work again if you came back.
>>
>>74279807
i also write all the music as well, i basically play their instrument for them and show them how to play the song. the only person who consistently fucks with me is the singer because he sees himself as the frontman, and wanted to take the credit for all the work the rest of us were doing.
if my voice didn't sound like tom waits gargling glass id have introduce the back of his head to my FP30 a while ago.
>>74279835
the other guys were chill, they just pussies and didn't want to cause shit. still pisses me off no one defended me, especially when i know the bassist fucking hates the singer.
>>
>>74279850
lol fuck that whole environment, form a new band with people you actually like
>>
>>74280252
>people you actually like
i like the bassist and drummer i still have beers with them from time to time, we've been talking about starting our own thing. the guitarist is chill but stays in his house most of the time cause his job is hard and he's going through some shit. the singer is the only guy i really can't stand, and if that asshole goes we'd lose the guitarist because while we like him he's basically autistic, and the only person that can get him able to play is the singer cause they're best friends from elementary school. i write the guitar lines but i couldn't play then half as good as he can, and like he can't write a melody to save his life but what he does with other peoples is pretty special.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.