[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Teenagers from Kentucky >Vocalist can't even sing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: slint.jpg (88KB, 658x329px)
slint.jpg
88KB, 658x329px
>Teenagers from Kentucky
>Vocalist can't even sing properly
>No major label to back them up
>Write 6 incredibly influential tracks
>Literally create the genre of post-rock
>Influence countless musicians in multiple genres
>Recorded in 4 days with minimal takes

What's stopping you /mu/?
>>
it's so much easier to think about doing something than actually doing something.
>>
>teenagers from kentucky
>dressed in green and red
>went off to fight in canada
>but they returned home dead
>it's the only war the yankees lost
>except for vietnam
>and also the alamo, and the bay of ham
>>
They were also dedicated musicians despite most of them still being in their teens. I suck at guitar and violin and I'm in my 20s. Not to mention I'm not nearly as creative or talented.
>>
Just before Spiderland, McMahan was in a car accident that almost killed him. And the day after the recording session ended, McMahan had a mental breakdown and had to check himself in a psychiatric hospital where he was diagnosed with depression.

I'm too much of a pussy.
>>
>>74279531
No, that would be Talk Talk.
>>
>>74279598
talk talk and slint developed the genre independent of one another.
>>
File: rlz.gif (1MB, 396x280px) Image search: [Google]
rlz.gif
1MB, 396x280px
>>74279531
What are Karate?
>>
>>74279531
>What's stopping you

I grew up
>>
>>74279531
i have a decent day job and a girlfriend who lives with me, and playing at bars for piss drunk college students gets old after a bit, especially when your band is full of guys who never want to have extended jams.
>>
>>74279531
>Recorded in 4 days with minimal takes

After years of practicing those 6 songs over and over
>>
>>74279567
>Not to mention I'm not nearly as creative or talented.
this is really the only thing that still allows me to impress people, especially classical players. somehow i can just pull a bunch of jazz chords out of my ass and make them fit and people are always asking "how did you learn to do that" and honestly i dont know. i just think that when you suck a lot you eventually realize you will make mistakes, so you learn to incorporate them into your pieces and you get good at covering them up.
>>
>what's stopping you /mu/?
I can't write a half-decent melody to save my life.

Also fuck you captcha. You ask me to click on all the spatulas yet the "correct" images are CLEARLY pictures of forks. Fuck you.
>>
>>74279979
You should get off the internet with such talent and get into the real world
>>
That's not true
>>
>>74280097
i played with a jam band for a bit, and those were fun times. unfortunately i still have to pay my rent and student loans, and no one likes jazz anyways except for my gf.
im not good enough to like pay the bills or anything, if you can even pay bills playing music.
>>
>>74279531
>nobodies from Kentucky
debut album was produced by Steve fucking Albini
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.