[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post albums that are similar in sound or related in some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

ITT: We post albums that are similar in sound or related in some manner and other people tell you which one is better. The catch is you actually have to provide reasons why you think it is better. For example, pic related are two similar albums but "I think Here Come the Indian is better because it experiments with much stranger more alien textures and the vocals are a lot creepier. Overall they just achieve their goal aesthetic more effectively...." or something like that
>>
U2 - Zooropa
Arcade Fire - Everything Now
>>
>>74277016
Everything now is way worse because it was made in 2017 and by that nature is way more complacent.
>>
>>74276997
Beaches and Canyons is better because Here Comes the Indian wouldn't exist without it plus the drums are way better
>>
>>
>>74276997
here comes the Indian has more idiosyncratic production
>>74277126
love streams because it wasn't made with cheap MIDI sounds but created with actual live recordings
>>
>>74276997
Tough to choose. In my opinion Infant Dressing Table through Two Sails on a Sound push HCTI over the edge. The arrangement of sound on HCTI keeps the disjointed feel without sounding borderline clumsy, which Beaches and Canyons does at points in my opinion. I feel like I've heard other things that sound like Black Dice, but HCTI locks down a sort of uniqueness in the timbres it uses, and the songwriting structures on the opening two and closing two tracks, which isn't really a feature that B&C shares because the tracks aren't necessarily "songs". So I guess I choose HCTI. But they're both great
>>
The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
Mercury Rev - Deserter's Songs
>>
>>74277220
I'm going to assume that more work went into the Soft Bulletin based on that documentary pitchfork put out but I'm also dumb
>>
>>74276997
Bharoocha's drumming on Beaches and Canyon's is really incredible stuff, but I would have to give it to Here Comes The Indian. Geologist's role on that album is really fascinating, they had contact mics on Panda's drums feeding into Geo's mixer and a significant part of the noise to the album was built off that. It helps give the album a franticness that I prefer overall.
>>
>>74277392
dude the drums on hcti feel like a monster rattling a cage around them lusting to attack you
>>
>>74277411
word
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.