[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Waht the fuck happened? i mean doesn't anyone like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted.jpg (651KB, 1421x1397px) Image search: [Google]
Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted.jpg
651KB, 1421x1397px
Waht the fuck happened?
i mean doesn't anyone like this band anymore?
When i started lurking this shithole this album was posted like 10 times a day along with Loveless, Ok computer/kid a, and MPP and i think haven't seen Pavement mentioned since this year started.
>>
>>74276993
It's a great album.
>>
I want to like this slacker rock shit so much, and I get it. I get why it's smart, I get why it's good, but oh boy, it just does nothing for me at the end of the day. I don't feel anything, and appreciation alone isn't enough to rope me in again and again.
>>
I like Pavement but there isn't much longevity to them. They were a product of their time to the fullest extent.
>>
>>74277878
you literally just have to stop caring and thinking that you're too good for it
>>
>>74277878

Not every critically praised album needs to be liked by everyone
>>
>>74277933
I don't think that I'm above it I'm just not engaged by it remotely. It's not music I ever get the urge to listen to again. It's lo-fi music without the necessary enthusiasm.
>>
gbv was better anyways
>>
>>74277878
To be more specific though: Although it doesn't always seem like it, this board is a reflection of the times. And anything resembling traditional rock music is the most unfashionable it's ever been, and Pavement (at least on this album) is easily and blatantly a rock album.
>>
love the 'ment
>>
Crooked Rain is a better album but this is still great. I can kind of see why Pavement isn't up there with the /mu/ meme bands though -- there's less scope for elitism. They're not particularly weird and most people would like them if you got them to listen to a few tracks. Loveless or Kid A or whatever are sufficiently odd to put casual music listeners off, allowing /mu/ to feel patrician.

The funny thing is that /mu/ meme stuff is actually quite accessible in comparison to, say, recent jazz and classical. So there's a balance being struck here I think.
>>
They're not meme-y enough to break through the current poptimism trend
>>
>>74277912
Wowee Zowee still holds up imo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.