[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not a Kenny-fag and I don't even listen to rap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: kendric-damn.jpg (116KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kendric-damn.jpg
116KB, 1200x1200px
I'm not a Kenny-fag and I don't even listen to rap that often, but based purely on a production/creative viewpoint, this is his worst album. Sure, it's not IRREDEEMABLY bad, DNA, DUCKWORTH, PRIDE and YAH are fun to listen to but they don't provide much in the way of in depth entertainment.
After coming from two albums as highly thought out (for mainstream rap albums) as GKMC and TPAB, DAMN. definitely feels like a step in the wrong direction. everything from the cover art to the song titles just feels lazy and underwhelming. Where is the original and genre-pushing beats? Where are the interludes, the interlocking themes and big ideas. These were albums that had big things to say (whether they were said effectively is up to you), and DAMN didn't say anything. It didn't even try to.
I was moderately excited for this album to release, and when the cover was released, I actually thought it was a meme. It has the look and feel of a viper cover, and the fact that you can literally recreate that cover with ms paint in as long as it takes you to type 'DAMN' is pretty indicative of how lazily made the entire album is.
It's not bad, the few things it does do, it does ok. But it's a huge disappointment, a huge step back conceptually and creatively.
>>
ok dude shutup already
>>
I agree but this board is full of children that don't know shit.
>>
he peaked with GKMC. i want him to prove me wrong with his next album
>>
>>74275238
I haven't been to /mu/ in awhile, is the majority here really thinking this is a great album?

easily the worst of his catalog, despite the few good points OP highlighted. from concept to execution everything came off as too try hard.
>>
>>74275279
I don't think the majority does. Just a medium sized, but very vocal amount.
>>
damn is lazy, mediocre, and an overall shrug in music form.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.