[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album was recommended to me by Spotify and I'm really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: R-6846908-1427874805-6549.jpeg.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-6846908-1427874805-6549.jpeg.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
This album was recommended to me by Spotify and I'm really diggint it so far. Love the interesting jazzy chords, the time signatures, the odd bit of math-rock wanking here and there. Love the production too, pristine but doesn't sound too compressed (at least to my ears).
>>
tricot is the shit. THE and 3 are also really good albums. 3 is a bit poppier than THE and A N D, but it works for it.
>>
>>74273888
The is better
Toe is even better than that
Tortoise is even better than them
Ultimately just listen to jazz
Thelonious Monk is pretty cool
>>
>>74273926
>>74273938
I'm listening to some The right now, I'm liking it a lot so far too. Is this band part of a scene I can check out?

What are some good Thelonious Monk albums to listen to?
>>
>>74274106
No scene that I know of, unfortunately. Lots of Japanese math rock has a similar feel, but tricot incorporates pop sensibilities better than any of the other bands I know. You may dig Siraph and Polkadot Stingray, but they're considerably less math.
>>
>>74274106
It's indie that the Japanese music channels play in their indie block. Some of it is pretty good but most of it is the weak shit they play here.

Monk's Dream is the go-to as far as Thelonious is concerned, but these guys normally released scores of albums before they went so just look for the ones people talk about the most.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.