[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my punk band booked at a local venue? I'm an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1339650704048.jpg (18KB, 396x303px) Image search: [Google]
1339650704048.jpg
18KB, 396x303px
How do I get my punk band booked at a local venue?
I'm an idiot so I have no idea even who to ask. Just ask one of the employees who the owner is and talk to them?
Also will I need to buy or rent special shit like PA speakers and cables?

Please help.
>>
>>74257844
Yeah, find out who is the booking manager of the venue and send them a message, with links to your band's facebook/soundcloud/bandcamp, and give an idea of how many people you figure will attend and how you will go about promoting the show
>>
>>74257844
Hire an agent. They already know everybody and can get you gigs.

Venues will usually supply the PA, but it means they take a bigger cut. If you don't have a decent PA system already then letting the venue take care of it will be better until you can afford one.
>>
>>74257954
>and give an idea of how many people you figure will attend and how you will go about promoting the show
fuck
how am I supposed to know that?
I have like 80 followers on soundcloud but half of them are probably spam bots from Sri Lanka or some shit

>>74257983
I don't really care about making money at this point desu, we've never played a gig before and just need to get our feet wet.
>>
>>74258019
Have all your friends tell all their friends
"Hey wanna go to the bar anon is gonna be playing there"
>>
Bump to help out.
>>
>>74258019
It's got shit to do with money, an agent will know who to call and how to get you booked for shows. It's a lot easier than trying to do it on your own. Even if you did know who to call, an agent can probably keep a venue manager on the phone a lot longer than you can by yourself.

Meantime, you can always save up a little scratch, rent a warehouse and some equipment, and do a few underground gigs.
>>
>>74258216
How much does an agent cost?
I can barely even afford to eat but this is important to me
>>
>>74258528
They usually don't make any money until you book a gig - they take a percentage. For a young band, probably 10-12%
>>
>>74258528
You are in a punk band, and aren't DIYing shows? You're actually considering an agent?
At least you got the poor and retarded part down
>>
>>74257844
Dude, don't listen to this shit advice ur getting
You don't need a fucking agent if you're a young punk band, just do what >>74257954
said. it does help to know people but you don't need an agent.
>>
>>74257844
http://www.byofl.org/index.php
>>
>>74258719
>You don't need a fucking agent
period.
>>
Thanks for the help guys
>>
>>74258719
Follow this advice if you want to book nothing but unpaid gigs, if you can book anything at all.
>>
>>74258861
Fuck yeah man! Anarchy in the UK! We play in our mom's basement and never get heard by anybody because we're fucking authentic man!
>>
File: fik.jpg (9KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
fik.jpg
9KB, 215x235px
>>74258899
yeah, we'll sign a deal with some crooked Jew which will, at best, keep us terminally in debt!!!!

reminder:

>at best

DIY kids
>>
>>74258852
Chill out, when (if) we get more well known and play venues bigger than local coffee shops we'll get an agent. I just agree with the other anons and don't think its necessary at this point.
>>
>>74258945
>ps we'll get an agent.
fuck off Schlomo

Kids, the entirety of the corporate media is basically the mafia.

Start your own scenes. And beware of outsiders.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.