[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say hypothetically that I have been listening to The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: The_Downward_Spiral.png (109KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
The_Downward_Spiral.png
109KB, 220x220px
Let's say hypothetically that I have been listening to The Downward Spiral for like 10 years now, but have never listened to another full NIN project all the way through, where would one reccomend I begin? Tbh I like the heavy and almost industrial tracks and the edgy god is dead and blow my brains out lyrics.
>>
>>74242286
you haven't listened to pretty hate machine or broken?
>>
File: PrettyHateMachine.jpg (14KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
PrettyHateMachine.jpg
14KB, 226x223px
>>74242286
It's never a bad idea to start at the beginning of an artist's discography.
>>
>>74242306
Ashamed to say no.

>>74242389
A very valid point anon, thank you.
>>
File: Coil_HorseRotorvator.jpg (266KB, 978x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Coil_HorseRotorvator.jpg
266KB, 978x1024px
You may also want to consider other, similar material. Pic related.
>>
>>74242447
How is it similar?
>>
The Fragile
>>
>>74242402
Well there you go. Broken feels like the who EP should be wedged between Heresy and March of the Pigs on TDS.

TDS, Broken, and the Fragile are NINs required listening, after that you can basically go anywhere. The Slip is a good intro to most of the new styles he explored after the Fragile. With Teeth and Hesitation Marks are him unfucking himself after the 90s, so unless you're personally interested in Trent, you could probably skip them and be fine.

TLDR: Broken.
>>
>>74242809
That's supposed to be the whole EP
>>
>>74242286
>Broken feels like the who EP should be wedged between Heresy and March of the Pigs on TDS.

Oh boy, what a treat. I'll definitely have to give it a listen. I've already copped amd listened to Pretty Hate Machine since starting this thread. I like the somewhat similar feel to TDS so I'm sure I'll love Broken. Thanks for your input anon.
>>
>>74242809 I pasted the wrong comment number in >>74242882 but it was directed at you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.