[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ like RHCP? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2S eFnvs73A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Does /mu/ like RHCP?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2SeFnvs73A
>>
>>74238138
no, but i'm a dave navarro superfan
>>
>>74238192
Navarro is BASED
>>
Yeah I like most of their songs.

They've really grown on me over the years.
>>
File: 6zROWac.gif (420KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
6zROWac.gif
420KB, 240x180px
https://youtube.com/watch?v=7PgaW596DKc
mfw the break at 2:09
>>
I fuckin love them
>>
>>74238296
This
Wasn't crazy about their music in the 90s and 00s, but learning some of their songs on guitar lately has really opened my eyes to them.
>>
grew up on them and can still appreciate their music. lemme throw in my top 5 in case anyone were to give a shit.
1) Wet Sand
2) Scar Tissue
3) I Could Have Lied
4) Under the Bridge
5) Soul to Squeeze
>>
File: RHCP-BSSM.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
RHCP-BSSM.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
Friendly reminder that this blew Nevermind out of the water
>>
>>74238138
They're good, I wish they weren't mocked so much on here desu
>>
>>74239564
They're mocked because of 3 reasons:
1. Mr Bungle
2. Anthony's lyrics
3. They're hugely popular
If they weren't as popular this board would be collectively creaming themselves over them. John, Flea, and Chad are all world class musicians.
>>
>>74239644
Also the Nick Cave quite
>>
I really don't like RHCP
there's something so grating about their choice of funk metal pop fusion
also I don't really like Anthony's voice
some of their early stuff is bearable but now all they seem to do is write songs about california
>>
>>74239644
forgot a couple

4. Anthony's voice
5. Anthony's demeanor
>>
ching chong won ton sock on my dong
hit my bong and bone ya like in california
>>
eh, theyre just white fishbone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B61XAN2Ujw
>>
skip scuba dooba scuba dooba DOOba
>>
>>74239644
I love RHCP. It's kind of ironic that /mu/ hates them because they were respected in the LA underground scene and known for their legendary live shows. If /mu/ existed in the 80s, people would listen to them to be patrician.
>Oh you listen to ACDC pleb? I listen to patrician music like RHCP and Butthole Surfers.
>>
>>74239439
>I Could Have Lied
My negus
>>
>>74238192
>>74238247

I KNOW YOU'RE TRYING TO BE FUNNY BUT CONTRARIAN FAGGOTS ON MU WOULD THINK LIKE THIS SO I FIND IT REALLY ANNOYING.
>>
a great live band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDfFR32gpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljrgs4TzkTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EzWmAPwoTs
>>
>>74240164
How is Navarro not good?
>>
>>74238192
>>74238247

What's it like loving the feeling of gagging on penis?
>>
>>74240237
>Doesn't like Jane's Addiction
Pleb
>>
>>74239439
Wet Sand is objectively their best song
>>
>>74239439
>Scar Tissue
>Soul to Squeeze

My nigger, good taste.
>>
>>74238138
I like otherside, californication, and Dani California what other songs should I listen to?
>>
File: 170197761.jpg (87KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
170197761.jpg
87KB, 630x420px
>>74238138
I'm not a massive fan of their overall style, but as a bass player I admire Flea a lot. I'll listen to some peppers just for his bass lines from time to time.
>>
CALIFORNIA
GOING TO BANG
PUT A SOCK OVER MY WANG
>>
>>74241194
U only kno the normie tracks listen to blood sugar sex magik and if its too funky/sexual for you do californication and if its not funky/sexual enough listen to freaky styley and uplift mofo party plan
>>
Flea and Frusciante are the best guitar&bass duo ever and you can't deny that
>>
File: IMG-20170729-WA0018.jpg (354KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170729-WA0018.jpg
354KB, 2592x1944px
Always loved them, always will. I saw them last night and got a setlist, best gig of my life. Reminded me why they're one of my favourite bands ever. Also:
BSSM > Mother's Milk > By The Way > Californication > Stadium Arcadium > Uplift Mofo Party Plan > The Getaway > I'm With You > One Hot Minute > Freaky Styley > S/T
>>
File: 81hS2wgxbhL._SY355_.jpg (45KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
81hS2wgxbhL._SY355_.jpg
45KB, 355x355px
Good band, but this is still one of the most overrated albums of all time
>>
>>74241727
>Freaky Styley that low
>Mothers Milk that high
yikes
>>
>>74241757
Nah, out of the albums in their discography, this one deserves its praise the most
>>
i like mothers milk and bssm is ok i guess. aside from that i dont really like them
>>
File: image.png (249KB, 1191x946px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
249KB, 1191x946px
>>
CALIFORNIA
YOU ONLY LIKE ME WHEN YOU THINK I'M LOOKING SAD
CALIFORNIA
I DIDN'T THINK YOU'D END UP TREATING ME SO BAD
>>
>>74241787
Post your own please
>>
>>74239644
Anthony's an underrated lyricist. He almost never uses cliched rhymes, I think people enjoy their songs more because of this even if they won't admit it.
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
The Red Hot Chili Peppers [EMI America, 1984]

As minstrelsy goes, this is as good as it gets (and minstrelsy it had better be). The reason why it doesn't quite come off as good-natured can be found in this mysterious observation from spokesperson Flea--"Grandmaster Flash and Kurtis Blow have great raps, but not the great music to go along with them." Coming from a bassist, that's serious delusion. B-

Mother's Milk [EMI, 1989]

Punks who loved P-Funk and Hendrix, they've decided to cash in on their excellent tastes. Problem is, they didn't have the chops to pull it off before and now that they've pushed the guitar up front, they sound even cruder. But I'm sure they're nice guys and all-even mention "compassion" in the first verse of the first song. C+

Blood Sugar Sex Magik [Warner Bros., 1991]

they've grown up, they've learned to write, they've earned the right to be sex mysticks ("Give It Away", "Breaking The Girl"). *

One Hot Minute [Warner Bros., 1995] *bomb*

Californication [Warner Bros., 1999]

new age fuck fiends ("Scar Tissue", "Purple Stain"). *
>>
>>74242596
By The Way [Warner Bros., 2002]

How desperate rock scribes are for remaining bands of any commercial clout that this release was greeted with hosannas in a slow news month. This piece of let's-slow-things-down-a-little isn't too bad unless you were expecting thee funk, but it certainly is a tune or two slacker than Californication. Problem is, it's not enough to suddenly get all mature and spiritual, you also have to say something about maturity. And unless I'm mistaken, Anthony Kiedis has never had one thing to say about anything else. B-

Stadium Arcadium [Warner Bros., 2006]

The old familiar tale of the band's Grammy validation along with this double-album-should-have-been-a-single reveals a few things. Firstly, they're an '80s band--their spiritual center, such as it is, is rooted in the agony and ecstasy of heroin and cocaine. Once a bassist's band, they're now dominated by the guitar player. At least back when the bass ruled, they livened this overworked dynamic with beats. Now they tax it with tunes, at least when the band is on their game, such as the dead-end relationship song "Desecration Smile" and the marriage proposal "Put A Ring On It". B-
>>
>>74240343
One of the most underrated bands ever. I would take Ritual over any grunge album
>>
>>74238192
This but with Frusciante.
>>
Great up to one hot minute, okayish if sometimes annoyingly preachy singles since then, banal since Stadium Arcadium.
>>
YOU DONT FORM IN THE WET SAND
>>
>>74242840
Ritual is my 1990 AOTY
>>
>>74244795
I've seen them play Wet Sand twice
>>
>>74238192
>>74242994
Both of these desu. Navarro's work in Jane's Addiction is great, and quite overlooked imo. Frusciante's a great guitarist who I've always wished had a better outlet for his work.
>>
>>74239835

10/10
>>
Yeah I like something from literally every one of their albums, warped or wet sand is probably my favorite
They get a lot of undeserved hate because theyre popular
>>
>>74241791
This
>>
>>74239839
this sounds nothing like RHCP
>>
>>74240204
this, I actually saw them on their latest tour and they put on one hell of a fucking show. Pure nonstop energy the whole time, and in between songs they would do impromptu instrumental bits. And when they went on for an encore, Flea walked on the stage in a handstand, and Josh sang a cover of the Cheers theme (Boston). It was an all around fantastic show.
>>
>>74242543
I actually love his style, but his lyrics are pretty damn goofy at times.
>>
>>74245720
Josh covered Debaser at my show
>>
>>74239524
Thank you. Finally someone has a mind!
>>
>>74238138
>not posting the god-tier live version of Don't Forget Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG7YDCJ8Ad8
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.