[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the Manchester Orchestra albums 1. Mean Everything to Nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: A Black Mile to the Surface.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
A Black Mile to the Surface.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
Rank the Manchester Orchestra albums
1. Mean Everything to Nothing
2. ThisSimple Math
3. A Black Mile to the Surface
4. Cope
5. I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child

Also discuss the new album. The flow from The Alien, The Sunshine, and The Grocery is incredible. And Lead, SD was a pleasant surprise.
I'd give it an 8/10
>>
this album isnt by a meme band, but I think it's pretty good
>>
>>74235306
Really tried to enjoy this album. It has some of my favorite songs of this year but sometimes it just sounds so bland.
>>
1. Like a Virgin
2. A Black Mile
3. Mean Everything
4. Cope/Hope
5. Simple Math

The new album is so fucking good dude, I was keen for it ever since they released The Gold as a single. The Silence is probably my favourite song at the moment such a fitting end to an incredible album
>>
I like it but my biggest gripe is the production isn't my taste in certain parts
>>
The Maze
Good intro. Sweet, touching, simple. Kinda similar to Deer intro song from Simple Math
The Gold
Lead single. Good hook.
The Moth
Great build. I love that overpowering guitar that plays throughout and gets more prominent the deeper into the song you get.
Lead, SD
Took me by surprise. The synths in the begging shocked me at first. At first I was like "This isn't Manchester!". But then be in like "Awh man, this is fuckin Manchester!" I love how quiet and spacey the music is during the verses and then guitar and drums come in during the chorus while Andy sings his heart out.
The Alien
Solid. The story is weird and sad but so are almost all the stories on this album. Love the chord progression. Andy packs emotion into his voice for this one.
The Sunshine
Great interlude. Short little song with same two ending chords of the alien. Also leads into the Grocery. These three songs should really just be an enormous song.
The Grocery
Probably the best song on the album. Beautiful all the way through. Good balance of soft vibrant verses to slamming guitar build ups. Again Andy really shows off his voice during this song
The Wolf
Meh. This is the one song on the album I just can't connect to. I guess there's nothing wrong with it but it just pales in comparison to the other songs on the album. Feels outta place. Maybe with more listens I'll like it
The Mistake
As soon as I heard this I thought it was a cover of Moving Out Anthony's song by Billy Joel. But it just uses the same chord progression. But it's good regardless
The Parts
Very simple almost silent guitar. Andy's voice once again play a prominent role as he tells the story of his wife giving birth to their daughter as well as his love for both of them. Very emotional and touching
The Silience
I really want to like this one cause everyone else says it's amazing but it's still needs to grow on me. Love the ending . The ending is a loud and epic but the build up takes too long and doest hook me yet.
8/10
>>
1. Hope
2. A Black Mile To The Surface
3. I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child
4. Mean Everything To Nothing
5. Simple Math
6. Cope

Hope is best MO :>
>>
Wy isn't lady hanging from a noose?
>>
>>74237119
Lead, SD is a goddamn treasure to me after giving it a few listens

Lyrics about the nervous realization that change is going to happen no matter where you are and how unchangeable it may seem. The music itself reflects that perfectly with the pulsing background synths, it's like a fucking anxiety attack to me and I love it
>>
>>74235306
1. Simple Math (8.5/10)
2. Black Mile to the Surface (8.5/10)
3. I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child (8/10)
4. Cope/Hope (7.5/10)
5. Mean Everything To Nothing (7/10)

I love the new album. To me it's like a perfect blend of Simple Math and the good things from METN. I love how cinematic it feels and how dynamic it manages to be while still maintaining a consistent mood and style.

God I love ManOrch
>>
>>74235306
>1. Mean Everything to Nothing
Really love the soft-to-loud transitions in here. "Pride" is my favorite song of all time.
>2. Like A Virgin Losing A Child
Raw as hell.
>3. Black Mile To The Surface
I really like it. It still needs some growing, but the album is smooth and feels like one whole song in itself. The production could be a lot better, though.
>4. Simple Math
Really orchestral in some parts, really poppy in others. Some of the songs fall a bit flat.
>5. COPE
Fuck, this could have been such a good album but the production just ruins it. Everything is muddy as hell. HOPE easily beats this out
>>
>>74236954
yeah, this has the same problem as cope
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.