[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adam Granduciel has always admired Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: lost in the dream.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lost in the dream.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
Adam Granduciel has always admired Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen and he really, really wants to be like them. Who can blame him? Zimmy and the Boss are both irreducibly American, capable of writing deeply personal lyrics that nonetheless hold a mirror to the national consciousness and of breaking new ground sonically while remaining resolutely rooted in the rock n' roll tradition. So Granduciel affects Dylan's nasal whine and lilting diction at the same time that he attempts to replicate Springsteen's propulsive groove. For good measure, he conjures appropriately "epic", "American" imagery: a soldier with eyes like rings, a dream in danger of being "wasted", a "black sunrise". But Granduciel seems to have missed the fact that Dylan's messages were strengthened by his logophilia and surrealism and Springsteen's were deepened by his narrative mastery. He instead chooses to write every lyric in the first person and spew bromides like "Love’s the key to the games that we play" in an attempt to pass off anemic omphaloskepsis as vision. "I won't get lost inside it all", he promises, but it's too late.
>>
The lyrics on this shit are unbearably corny but the production is alright. It's the definition of a 5/10. Our boy Koz did nothing wrong.
>>
how many more of these threads are you going to make?
>>
>>74224489
Who is Koz?
>>
>>74224497
Mark "Saddest Daddy Around" Kozelek
>>
>>74224573
What does he have to do with The War on Drugs?
>>
>>74224611
just google it mate
>>
>>74224808
lmao koz is a fucking faggot
>>
beer commercial rock
>>
>>74224471

>>74223928

>>74223218

>>74219399

>>74217312

>>74207459

you can keep making this thread all you want, anon. it doesn't change the fact that it's your opinion. you are being an autistic sperg. no one cares about your autistic opinions. grow up, kid.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.