[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why Born to Die isn't the best Lana Del Rey album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: lana (1).png (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
lana (1).png
1MB, 900x900px
Tell me why Born to Die isn't the best Lana Del Rey album.

>pro tip: you can't
>>
Because it's clear she's still finding her feet with the album and the songs show it. I'm big fan of hers but so many songs on BTD are B-tier eg:

Diet Mtn Dew, Radio, Carmen, Million Dollar Man, TIWMUG, Lolita, Lucky Ones.
>>
>>74223249
>Radio
>B-tier

What!?
>>
>>74223249
>>74224050

Yeah, those "b-tier" songs are some of my favorite.
>>
File: Lana+Del+Rey.png (554KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
Lana+Del+Rey.png
554KB, 500x711px
The fact that she'll probably never put Queen of Disaster or Prom Song (Gone Wrong) on an album makes me sad.
>>
What do you guys think of the new Lana Del Rey album, Lust for Life?

I tried asking on the /r/lanadelreay, but anything that can be considered criticism is treated hostily. I thought that it was OK, I agree with Melony Fantano, if they cut half of the album, it would be MUCH better. The attempts to be modern with ASOP Rock and some of the other songs just sucked in my opinion. The more traditional Lana songs like 13 Beaches, Love, Lust for Life, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, and so on were great.

Comments?
>>
>>74222792
because both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon exist
>>
>>74225389
it's really bad, and I love her previous two albums
>>
>>74225408
Yeah, I couldn't figure out why the subreddit fell for it head over heels. I really think that fan communities like that are very toxic in terms of succumbing to groupthink. They don't understand that you be a fan of an artist and still criticize their music.
>>
It's her best because the production is okay. Other than that it's as garbage as the rest of her discography.
>>
>>74225389

I wasn't really sure how to feel with Love & LFL singles. I was pleasantly surprised although as you say the album should've been much shorter. I reckon it would've been perfect without most of the middle section - cut out LFL, Coachella, ASAP tracks, God Bless.., When The World...

That being said if those tracks were cut there'd be complaints that the album was too samey.

I'd give it a lenient 8/10 but I am admittedly a fan of hers, I really enjoyed the album despite its shortcomings and that's all I can ask.
>>
File: rick astley.jpg (25KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
rick astley.jpg
25KB, 640x464px
>>74226309

You took the words out of my mouth. That's exactly how I feel about the album.
>>
>>74223249
Those are some of the best songs tho.

>>74225389
I'm pleasantly surprised by Lust For Life, didn't think she could release an exciting album again after Honeymoon and Ultraviolence. Also that Fantano comment about the worst song streak coming right before the best streak was really on point.
>>
It's fucking trash bitch grow some tits
>>
>>74226360
Agreed. I can't believe that Lana and her staff thought that group of songs in the middle of the album were worthwhile.

>>74226387
This type of post makes me wish that fuckery was a condition that resulted in banning.
>>
>>74222792
It's the only one of her albums I've ever listened to so I agree with you.
>>
File: nxmzf.jpg (58KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
nxmzf.jpg
58KB, 1200x800px
>>74222792
born to die is amazing but nowhere near as good as uv/hm
>>74225389
personally, i love the whole album including summer bummer&co. i like rap tho so i get why so many don't like those songs. it's mainly preference i'd say since lana's never done something like this on her albums before
the only thing i dislike is some of the production and a few beats where it just doesn't fit and not adding yosemite/bar while adding coachella (which i like but don't think it belongs on the album)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.