[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to jazz and I really like this album, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Ellington_01.jpg (691KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Ellington_01.jpg
691KB, 1417x1417px
I'm new to jazz and I really like this album, what should I listen next ?
>>
I'm looking for similar albums too, so bump I guess.
>>
>>74216273
>likes the most overrated jazz album
this should be easy
>>
>>74217060
not him but there's definitely records that are more overrated
>>
>>74217060
Rec something then you wiley cunt
>>
>>74217361
I gotta agree with him. It's only highly praised because of the people in the line-up. A year or so ago I remember one of the tracks showing up on the blindfold thread, and I was surprised such a mediocre track had such talent on it. It sounds like Mingus and Roach weren't willing to cooperate or something with Ellington having to essentially hold himself back to tell them to stay together or something.
>>
>>74217437
i usually find most of mingus's stuff to be overrated anyway this record or otherwise
>>
Is something bass heavy what you're looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62p-CXrYmf4

or a piano/bass/drum arrangement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2LFVWBmoiw
>>
>>74217060
>most overrated jazz album
>no Miles Davis or John Coltrane
Really revs up my parietal lobe
>>
>>74217544
Davis and Coltrane's highly rated stuff is very rightfully highly rated. The fact that you can't discern why one would think this way for Money Jungle vs one of Davis/Coltrane's praised works shows how little you know about jazz and only care about "muh mainstream=entry level=bad" posturing.
>>
>>74217573
Money Jungle is the ultimate hard-bop album while Davis/Coltrane are just random farts that got boring after the first 5 albums.
>>
>>74217630
davis's artistic philosophy was to never stay stagnant, what made you believe he gets boring after five albums? which albums did you even listen to?

your opinion on coltrane is plain old pleb, but saying miles is just some random fart baffles me
>>
>>74217630
>>74217751
not to mention that coltrane lead one of the biggest jazz movements of the 60s
>>
>>74217437
That was me who threw it on there. Probs the title track iirc. Like all the things on the album it's messy af but I love how fucking pissed they all sound at each other.
The story behind MJ really gets me and listening to the tracks chronologically is a cool experience.
It's not any of the guys best playing, but knowing all the context behind the recording makes it a great showcase of how jazz gives you a glimpse into the personalities and feelings of the players in that moment.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.