[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain why you hate him without referring to his personality,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: a512c418.jpg (44KB, 790x395px) Image search: [Google]
a512c418.jpg
44KB, 790x395px
Explain why you hate him without referring to his personality, his fanbase, or using that retarded "he keeps making the same songs" argument. I know for a fact this board only hates him because he's too popular and /mu/ is full of pretentious fucks who only enjoy obscure experimental harsh no-fi jazzcore garbage. Fuck you.
>>
>>74212875
sleepy time ariel pink
>>
You watched that "A word to the kids who dress like Mac DeMarco video" and you're just lashing out
>>
his music is formulaic as fuck, he over saturates his music with vibrato and chorus, his lyrics are F tier love trash, there's hardly any variation in the music(volume dynamics), it's overproduced as fuck with no chill vibes at all since it's so fucking clean sounding, taken virtually no risks in his entire career other than "some other ones" and his vocals are lazy and uninspired.

he's basically the shit derivative of john lennon, george harrison, and a little bit of the smiths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZCA_Qvx4gi i enjoy this song though
>>
I only hate him because Macthony DeMarcotano didn't give This Old Dog an 8/10.
>>
>>74213050
what i said about volume and variation was retarded, what i meant was he's always somewhere in the middle volume wise and he never goes hard or softens up. his music is so cold and bland it angers me that people think he's any better than some bandcamp artist making drone
>>
>>74213050
Did you not listen to Makeout videotape?
>>
>>74213161
i didn't
>>
>>74212875
No, you're pretty much right. The only thing close to criticism I can give him is that there are just better artists like him out there, while he dumbs it down and sells it. The musical equivalent of a happy meal.
>>
you people sure are angry over weird things. I think he's pretty good. while his fanbase is annoying, I think he is good at what he's trying to do. there's no reason to hate him because he doesn't switch things up, its just his thing. not all artists need to reinvent themselves
>>
>>74213022
lmao
>>
File: 200_s.gif (32KB, 292x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
32KB, 292x200px
>>74212875
I can't hate someone I don't know
>>
He is very derivative. He sounds like what your friend that plays the guitar would come up after smoking weed and fiddling around playing with it in between actual songs.

He never develops his songs too much, so it always sounds like he is just playing around with some sounds without writing songs of actual substance. I don't hate him at all btw, but he does get old really quickly.
>>
>>74212875
he steals all from tonetta
>>
>>74213242
they should though. otherwise it's not good music. the reason no one talks about explosions in the sky is because it's already been done before and it's been done better. mac's music might live up to some pop standard in terms of the business but it has no lastability.
>>
music is no where near as serious as you are all trying to make it be
>>
>>74213620
stop white knighting for mac demarco
>>
>>74213620
Pleb mantra
>>
File: 1438624515990.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1438624515990.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>74213620
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.