[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think if /mu/ had existed in the late 70s/early 80s they'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: memework.jpg (154KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
memework.jpg
154KB, 500x500px
do you think if /mu/ had existed in the late 70s/early 80s they'd be having the same arguments about whether electronic music is a legitimate form music
as they have about rap today?
>>
"Garbage. They don't even use real instruments!"
>>
yep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-AetEtL42M
>>
>>74209614
Naw because electronic is good. Rap has very few good albums that dont age like milk
>>
>>74209614
Yes
I mean, just look at /v/
People were shitposting and arguing about retarded shit even when NES was released
>>
>>74209614
No because electronic music can have genuine artistry to it without relying solely on image.
>>
I bet they would've liked YMO, but I feel like Kraftwerk would not be popular, just because of the different amounts of emotion put into their music.
>>
People are still complaining that electronic music isn't real music
>>
I don't think they would know who kraftwerk was because they only know mainstream top 10 rappers of the last 10 years such as Kendrick.

I doubt they'd know kraftwek well enough for it to be spoken about often.
>>
>>74209678
I can tell you don't listen to much rap.
>>
>>74209819
Tell me what rappers you have listened to and heard of?

I can tell it's just mainstream top 40 rap made from the 90's onward but tell me anyway.
>>
>>74211207
Eminem
>>
>>74211264
That counts as mainstream top 40 rap made from the 90's onward.
>>
>>74211207
Tell me a few things you like about hip hop that can't be found in other genres?
>>
>>74211382
sick electro beats xDDD and lyrics bout dead niggers xDDD
>>
>>74211486
D&B and nazi punk
>>
>>74211382
Turntablism is not common outside of hip hop.

I an an appreciator of all genres though so I won't claim it's a special genre or better than other genres.
>>
File: 70mu.jpg (51KB, 414x600px) Image search: [Google]
70mu.jpg
51KB, 414x600px
>>74209614
>it's another electrishit thread
All it is is white people trying to act as uncultured as coons. ""Electronic"" is not music. Just wannabe niggers typing on keyboards, clicking buttons and flipping switches. Try making one of these threads in 40 years when nobody remembers what the fuck a Yamaha even is. It's not real music and only niggers like it
>>
>>74211630
That wasn't me.
>>
>>74209984
>what is new order
>what is depeche mode
>what is kraftwerk

yeah I really remember when kraftwerk tore up the Detroit scene. GOD REMEMBER WHEN [INSERT SINGING MONKEY] SAMPLED DEPECHE MODE ON THAT ONE RAP TRACK
>>
File: R-324548-1401332271-7364.jpeg.jpg (39KB, 595x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-324548-1401332271-7364.jpeg.jpg
39KB, 595x600px
>>74211798
>Turntablism is not common outside of hip hop.
end your existence
>>
>>74211928
It isn't.
>>
>>74211832
>yamaha

They made drums and pianos
>>
the thing is, rap is absolutely music but the hip hop that gets spammed on this board is the equivalent to miley cyrus tier shit which doesn't help convert these pol fags into liking or at least recognizing that rap can be good
>>
>>74213181
Rap can of course be good but it isn't music. It's beat poetry
>>
>>74213252
sure, sound art or whatever you want to call it jerry
>>
why the fuck would you care what someone thinks something is or isn't as long as you enjoy it
it seems to me the only explanation is because you spend more time thinking about what you enjoy makes other people think about you than the art itself
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.