[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"rap" >art Why do people think that every little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

>"rap"
>art

Why do people think that every little bit of human output should be called art?

If I scribble a few lines on a piece of paper, that's not art.

Video games are not art.

A videotape of the garbage truck driving by is not art.

Vocalizing childish rhymes over stolen beats is not art.
>>
music is barely art
why do you even talk about rap? it's not even music, thus it's even further from being art
>>
File: arté de Xavier Dolan.webm (3MB, 742x720px) Image search: [Google]
arté de Xavier Dolan.webm
3MB, 742x720px
Is this art?
>>
my dick is art
>>
>>74206501
alright, i have a pretty long winded response to this. rant inbound:

no
>>
>>74206501
"Art" isn't synonymous with "good" you fucking retard. There is such thing as bad art, believe it or not.

Every example you gave could be art.
>>
>>74206557
no

but the film as a whole is art

you wouldn't call a photo of a 1cm by 1cm piece of the Mona Lisa art either
>>
>>74206626
i'm sure loads of people would, lmao
>>
File: art.jpg (53KB, 853x475px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
53KB, 853x475px
Is this art?
>>
File: art, according to mu.png (1KB, 23x18px) Image search: [Google]
art, according to mu.png
1KB, 23x18px
>>74206632
>>74206632
>i'm sure loads of people would, lmao
>>
>Not art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGENt7UbSyw
>>
PUBLIC NOTICE: THIS THREAD IS NOW A GALLERY

ALL SUBSEQUENT POSTS ARE ART, AND PART OF THE EXHIBITION

ENJOY THE ART
>>
>>74206663
that'd fit right good in an modern art museum alright
>>
>>74206663
this is unironically good art, anon
>>
>>74206659
only if they start eating eachothers asses
>>
>>74206663
>he doesn't get it
Top pleb
>>
Literally anything can be called art as long as some institution says so. It's not up to any of us to decide, but highly nepotistic gallery owners and academics. However, how relevant really is the distinction? I'd argue the distinction between good and bad work is the one we should focus on
>>
>>74206501
pleb

>>74206616
elite
>>
>>74206808
you too, elite
>>
>>74206808
>Literally anything can be called art as long as some institution says so.
Sure, and you could call literally anything a dog too, but unless you want the word to be meaningless there are obvious limits on what a word describes.
>>
>>74206501
grow up
>>
>>74207503
I can't think of anything more childish than being unable to discern art from not-art.
>>
>>74207574
Thinking art can be objectively identified is definitely more immature though
>>
>>74207617
>Thinking dogs can be objectively identified is definitely more immature though
See how silly this sounds?
>>
>>74207489
That's an awful analogy, my man. "Dog" (the word) has a crystal clear definition that is basically immune to misunderstandings. "Art", on the other hand, couldn't be a more polemic concept. Also, "dog" refers to a being in the world, meanwhile art is a way to qualify a being
>>
(you)
>>
How are video games not art? They're written out and creatively developed and popular music has just as much studio input as popular video games. And indie games, just like indie music, is usually made with creative and artistic freedom
>>
>>74207655
>>74207639
It would be a better analogy if we were trying to objectively identify "cute dogs." Some people think pugs are cute, some think they're ugly. "Cuteness" just isn't a 100% objective quality.
>>
>>74206501
Fix your nigger brain you doofus.
>>
the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination
>>
>>74206708
They do, if you had seen the movie. Was an aight flick, but overhyped.
>>
>If I scribble a few lines on a piece of paper, that's not art.
Sure it is, you could be making Ovskum album art that way
>>
>>74206501

>Video games are not art

why not?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.