[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm revisiting their entire discography and aside from a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170727_204946.jpg (322KB, 1439x2068px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170727_204946.jpg
322KB, 1439x2068px
I'm revisiting their entire discography and aside from a couple of tracks, Hybrid Theory and Meteora have aged like milk.

On the other hand Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns are surprisingly decent. Why did these albums get so much hate while the first two continue to get praise even though they're horribly dated? Are the two albums that came right after these also solid work?
>>
>>74196959
The Little Things Give You Away is easily one of my favorite LP songs, if not my favorite. If you like them, do listen to Hunting Party. It's not that good, but it isn't terrible
>>
get ready to set your watch, the nigshit spammer is on his way
>>
>>74196959
>rock records
>solid work
>>
>>74196959
i havent listened fully to minutes to midnight but i remember what ive heard of a thousand suns as being listenable, the obvious answer is because people wanted hybrid theory and meteora to be their sound, i wanted this too but ill give their newer stuff a chance when i get around to it
>>
Minutes to Midnight was blatant selling out to a pop sound. A Thousand Suns is at least an admirable concept album, even if some of it comes off as cringey.
>>
>>74196959
People hated Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns because they didn't sound like Hybrid Theory or Meteora. The next two albums after A Thousand Suns are alright. Living Things has a couple of good tracks, and Hunting Party is almost a good album overall.
>>
>>74197196
It was more of an alt-rock sound. I really didn't see it as a sell out move. They did two albums that sound identical to one another, they just wanted to explore new avenues while maintaining their pop appeal. The album still has songs like Given Up, Bleed It Out and No More Sorrow which are reminiscent of their heavier tracks without the dated nu-metal sound.
>>
>>74196959
desu, Hybrid Theory and Meteora have aged way better than I expected them to. When the airwaves aren't full of nu-metal soundalikes, it's easier to appreciate them on their own merits. Also, I realized that almost all of Chester's vocals sound like they could be Depeche Mode melodies.
>>
>>74197196
>Minutes to Midnight was blatant selling out to a pop sound
Nope. You know what's sad? Chester legitimately believed that everything they did was genuine and amazing, when this newest album came out he was telling people to shut the fuck up or he'll "knock them the fuck out" for thinking they sold out
>>
>>74197804
>Chester legitimately believed that everything they did was genuine
i know right, obviously i know better than the people who actually made the thing.
>>
>>74197490
>>74197804
If being featured on the Transformers soundtrack isnt selling out i literally dont know what is
>>
>>74197921
One More Light felt like a desperate attempt at remaining relevant. The album is packed with nothing more than EDM ballads that have been infesting the radio for the last 2 to 3 years. They lost any trace of identity on that.

At least with A Thousand Suns they were trying something very different and ambitious for them. You can tell that there was some passion behind that record.
>>
>>74198075
that wasn't on minutes to midnight though was it dick head
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.