[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Descending with a sub-dominant 7 a semi-tone down from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>Descending with a sub-dominant 7 a semi-tone down from the ii chord
>>
>>74189333
can you explain what this means in pleb terms
>>
lol wtf does that even mean
>>
>>74189360
I typed it out wrong but, you know what a guitar chord is? Well , there is a very famous three chord progression which is called a ii-v-i

der-der-derrrrrrrrr

A technique to add interest to a composition using a ii-v-i is to replace the v chord, the fifth chord, which is actually a … dominant seven.

It's 'not playing the chord you're supposed to but it sounds correct anyway'
>>
>>74189423
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8
>>
For the people who don't know:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdominant

Chords are sometimes named by reference to the root note of the key so in C major the C chord is one the D chord is two the E chord is three etc...

Calling it a subdominant mixed in with calling another chord ii to mean a minor chord on the 2nd note of the key makes no sense and is really pretty stupid imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_(music)

Also with respect to ii vs II usually the lower case version means minor.

Basic music theory is totally not hard and I don't really get why some people need to treat having a basic understanding of harmonies like it is something special.
>>
>>74189333
Are you trying to explain a tri-tone sub?
>>
>>74189584
I think he's pretending to understand how harmony works for the sake of shitposting.
>>
>>>ITT: the only post on /mu/ where people aren't just slinging shit but actually trying to convey information
>>
>>74189562
>means minor.
yes it was

>>74189584
I forgot my dom7 substitution thory

>>74189618
sum it up with a two note progression (if you want)

I'm sure it's not sub-dominant or that there is another name for it
>>
>>74189562

don't lecture the op (who is admittedly retarded) when you yourself have no fucking idea what you're saying

how do i know?

this fucking sentence
>Chords are sometimes named by reference to the root note of the key so in C major the C chord is one the D chord is two the E chord is three etc...

is worded so poorly i think you don't actually understand what the fuck you're saying

the numbers involved in roman numeral analysis (which is where I/i, ii/II et al come from) are representative of the numerical order given to a tonal pitch collection (generally diatonic, but we've since moved past that). there is no "root" of a key you fucking dumbshit, there is only the tonic.

with that in mind, the tonic is always 1, and any step above that is a 2. what type of two depends, the generally accepted meaning of a lone 2 is that it is a supertonic i.e. the note exactly two equally tempered half steps above the tonic.

variations of that are flattened and sharpened, nothing else. lowered or raised mean the same thing.

for fucks sake you guys are retarded

>>74189682
try to explain what the fuck you were rambling about in the OP otherwise you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>74189333
>sub-dominant 7
Just say IV sperg
>>
>>74189423
the V("fifth") chord is a dominant, not a dominanth seven(th)
>>74189682
>sum it up with a two note progression
>I'm sure it's not sub-dominant
what?
>>74190740
that would be IV maj7
>>
Addendums and caveats
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.