[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this on vinyl, what happened them /mu. They were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Parachutes.jpg (8KB, 340x340px)
Parachutes.jpg
8KB, 340x340px
Just bought this on vinyl, what happened them /mu. They were always a pretty corporate controlled pop-rock band but how did they go from recording albums like Rush of Blood to The Head and Parachutes to a shitty collab with the Chain Smokers.

Old Coldplay is still my favorite band of all time, I'm listening to this record feeling sad and nostalgic.
>>
>>74188343
rock lost 90% of its market appeal
>>
>>74188343
I think they just want to make music for the masses
they probably know their music isn't as good as it used to be but they just don't care, as long as thousands of people go to their concert their gonna be ok with it
still
X&Y and Viva La Vida were their last effort to actually make the sound they wanted
>>
>>74188343
Apparently they gave Chris more control and he prefers their new sound
>>
You can only rip off Ok Computer so many times
>>
>>74189936
>he prefers their new sound
More like he prefers their new money
>>
>>74189971
Parachutes is not like OK Computer at all. Except for some short moments.
>>
>>74188343
I agree. Parachutes is one of my favorite albums of all time, but their new stuff is simply pure garbage. Sad how they did such a turn for the worse.
>>
>>74188982
>I think they just want to make music for the masses
I love that album.
>>
>>74188343
x&y is better
>>
>>74188343
ROBTTH > Viva la Vida > X&Y = Parachutes
>>
>>74188343
Coldplay is the only band that can collaborate with Brian Eno and teh Chainsmokers in less than 12 months.
>>
>>74190032
Also not good at all.
>>
>>74188343
The same reason Linkin Park did. Because electronic music is what's popular so they went trap like everything else. That's why all their newer tracks are brickwalled to all fuck and have kicks stronger than the ones in trance tracks.

They could still make great tracks if they got off the EDM bandwagon but we know that isn't happening.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.