[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Louis Armstrong get all of the credit when Bix Beiderbecke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: bix.jpg (33KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
bix.jpg
33KB, 400x550px
Why does Louis Armstrong get all of the credit when Bix Beiderbecke did the major innovations first and better? Does anybody know why?
>>
>>74186691
Because white bois in jazz doesn't fit the narrative
>>
>>74186691
What major innovations are those? and please post recorded examples of those innovations with recording dates.
>>
cause bix was a pedo.
>>
All the credit isn't given to Louis, he was just the most popular and had a longer career
>>
>>74186691
this is my favorite picture of review brah
>>
>>74186996
google is your friend
>>
>>74187454
So you can't do it
>>
>>74187475
kek im not op, but this isn't some conspiracy theory or alt-history. his career is well documented enough
>>
>>74187501
so then it should be very easy for you or OP to back up his claim
>>
you are a literal child if you think something as vague as that has any meaning at all
>>
>>74187501
>citing vague "innovations" and making moot comparisons to shit on a black dude
>doesn't have the knowledge to even explain what he means
>kek
>lies about being OP
go back to /pol/ please
>>
>>74189090
literally open his wikipedia article you dense retard
>>
>he did them first
No he didn't. Louis Armstrong's first innovative works were with his first Hot Five group which were recordings from 1925, meanwhile Bix didn't start becoming game changing until two years after that.

>better
Also no. Louis had a slight edge on Bix when they were both alive in terms of innovations, but Bix dying early kinda put a stop to his while Louis kept moving on. Not to mention that Louis' playing style is more timeless due to being more unique as well ( to the extent that it would put him in pain often.)

This whole "the lesser known person is ALWAYS actually better!" thing people do here to try to look cool is fucking retarded and only shows how little they know about that kind of music.
>>
File: 1468261223646.jpg (101KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468261223646.jpg
101KB, 900x900px
>>74186691
>>
>>74186995
All those SJWs in the the 20s-60s, amirite?
>>
>>74189125
>THE WIKI ARTICLE COMPARED THEM SO I PICKED THE WHITE GUY
seriously go back to pol. They love to indulge in pretending that blacks weren't ~75% responsible for the creation of jazz and rock n roll but we actually know our shit a little bit here.
>>
>>74189479
lol how new are u? bix is huge. the comparison with armstrong is hardly outlandish. this is a music discussion board, if you're not willing to hear divergent opinions then fuck off
>>
>>74189531
You haven't posted any actual opinions though. You've been asked to explain why and how you think Bix is more influential like for times and you just say "google it bix is better"
I like both. You're the one who seems to not know what he's talking about
>>
>>74189293
I wanna hear reviewbrah doing spoken word reviews over the sound of a
jazz ensemble.
>>
Shit thread OP.
Bix deserves better than this.
>>
>>74189531
were willing to hear it but your opinion is ill informed and you're fucking annoying, and clearly race baiting here
>>
>>74186996
Solos and tempos in jazz music, mid-late 20s.

>>74189945
>Bix deserves better than this.
Agreed.
>>
File: henry red allen.jpg (25KB, 815x542px) Image search: [Google]
henry red allen.jpg
25KB, 815x542px
Bix definitely was great and to some degree as good as or even better as Armstrong. I think the reason Louis is so popular and hailed as the first true jazz hero might be his showmanship. He was very entertaining and had a rough and "bad" yet unique singing voice. Although Bix did sing too Armstrong sang more often and sang very popular tunes that were loved and known by everyone.

Personally I think Henry "Red" Allen is the real underrated player
>>
>>74189479
>WAAAAH WACISM HE THINKS A WHITE PERSON WAS BETTER THAN A POC AT SOMETHING
go back to tumblr
>>
>>74191908
if a person is completely uninformed and is arguing that a POC is taking the credit from a white guy he's probably racially motivated.
Go back to /pol/ asshole /mu/ has always been liberal, and we don't take kindly to racist revisionist music history.
>>
>>74191908
your stupidity is not appreciated here, so respectfully fuck off
>>
>>74193348
You're intensely arrogant towards Beiderbecke. Armstrong is a fine musician, and undoubtedly the bigger name. However, it's mad to deny the musicianship Bix when he was also such an important figure in early jazz.

>>74193445
He's totally right though. You're the one bringing race into it. What's your problem?
>>
>>74193348
>>74193445

holy shit amigo, whats with you and racism? nobody mentioned anything about race except you. its not racist to hold the subjective opinion that a white man is better at something than a black man. you got some issues you gotta work on friend. id recommend using your head for something other than a hat rack.
>>
>>74193348
Nobody mentioned racisim dipshit
>>
>>74195482
If you were willing to explain your opinions we wouldn't be here dude.
>>74194070
>arrogant towards Beiderbecke
I like him dude. He's a seminal jazz artist. But the reason we're (not just me) assuming you're race bating is because you said that Bix deserves credit for Louis's innovations but refuse to elaborate on what those innovations are. We assume you don't know what you're talking about and just want to discredit Louis.
>>74195482
>>
>>74196466
>>74195482
He unironically used the term "PoC". ANYTHING that could possibly be interpreted as not putting minorities on a pedestal is racism to him.
>>
If he was better why wasn't him more lauded even if he lived in a time where there was hardcore racism? Louis Armstrong's career was from the 20s to 60s. You can't call those years SJW years.
>>
for the record saying "bix is better than louie" and "bix deserves credit for louie's accomplishments" are completely different things
>>
>>74196566
you're not allowed to like white artists on neo/mu/
>>
>>74196630
>muh opression
nobody would care if he just said "I like bix more than Louis."
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.