[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always wanted make music but never had the tools to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: FeelsBadMan.jpg (48KB, 552x480px) Image search: [Google]
FeelsBadMan.jpg
48KB, 552x480px
I've always wanted make music but never had the tools to make it but now that i got a shitty laptop (chromebook acer) and an alright phone (galaxy s6) i figured i could make music just like every other fuckwit with a computer/phone.

So now is my question /mu/ what should i download to actually be able to make quality music? Free is preferred because i need frugal with what money i have but if I really do have to pay guess i'll start saving.

I asked some guy ik what i should download and he told me that I sould start with some app on my phone that has a sequencer, drone machine and theremin. idk what that shit is but it seems very basic.

What do scooby doo?
>>
>>74177433
Mobile DAWs are shit. Fuck that guy. Jesus christ, I can't believe someone would recommend that ironically.

Then again, you also have a Chromebook, so it's not like you have DAWs at your disposal there (as far as I'm concerned).

So that that fuck's shitty advice and get used to sequencing and working in DAWs and whatnot. There's probably some online games that emulate it decently too. You gotta save up for a Windows-based laptop, then you could just torrent FL Studio or Ableton or something like every other fuckwit and make actual music.
>>
>>74177528
there's nothing to torrent for chromebook? i hate the fact i got scammed out of $100 for this piece of shit laptop :(
>>
>>74177757
It's barely a laptop. It's just a glorified browser.
>>
>>74177757
it's convenient if that was on your budget and all you need is the internet and word processing, but not much use aside from that. sorry lad. but if money is a concern, just be assured that you don't need a shitty Macbook despite what several ass popular DJs do.
>>
>>74177815
>>74177852

whats the cheapest laptop or portable device you recommend that i could actually make music on?
>>
>>74177886
I don't know nearly as much about laptops as I do desktops, but try getting something with 8GB RAM and preferably an i5. You could live off an i3 processor for DAWs though, you aren't rendering Pixar films. I'm also biased towards HP, so look at whatever they have.

Amazon and Newegg are great for shopping electronics.
>>
A decent used ThinkPad with
>>74178042 these specs would be the cheapest you can get. Ask /g/ before you buy one though. Their favorites are the X and T series as far as I know.
>>
>>74177433
fl studio's is probably the best DAW ever

Also, a guitar and amp combo can be $150 if you get used shit
>>
>>74178147
really? wow ok i can get fl studio for $16 or i can try and find an apk for it and get it for free, thanks anon
>>
>>74178262
oh yeah, i forgot FL Studio has a mobile app, beat your meat to that for a bit to prepare yourself
>>
>>74178280
found a working apk. thanks again anon, no money spent :)
>>
File: noose-pepe.jpg (11KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
noose-pepe.jpg
11KB, 374x374px
>chromebook acer
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.