[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Vaporwave get shit on for being lazy when most of Hip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3488.png (121KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3488.png
121KB, 399x399px
Why does Vaporwave get shit on for being lazy when most of Hip Hop does the same thing with its samples?
They don't even add kicks or anything sometimes. Just leave the sample as is.
>>
>>74176500
I don't think there are any hip hop fans shitting on vaporwave
>>
>>74176515
Not the point.
Most people shit on Vaporwave for what could be applied to Hip Hop.
It honestly makes no sense.
>>
>>74176515
>>74176515
you just found one pal. i mean vaporwave is straight up gentrified chopped and screwed with the most try hard philosophy tacked on. the visuals are good but for fuck's sake man i'm tired of still hearing about it
>>74176538
people shit on it because you need a good ear and patience to make a solid hip-hop beat. vaporwave is just slowed down hentai soundtracks drenched in reverb for the sake of it. there's no creative reimagining of the source material, no respect for it either.
>>
Probably because Vapor doesn't have vocals
>>
i hate this whole measuring music by how much effort is put into it thing. People should focus more on whether or not the song is good ,or if its original or not. sure, it doesn't take much to sample a song and pitch shift it and add a simple beat, but if it sounds like its own and sounds decent then i don't see a reason to complain (unless the artist claims to be some sort of genius or something)
>>
>>74177010
this

Also, compare the work put into any popular vaporwave album to records like Paul's Boutique, Donuts, and even Madvillain up there. It's objectively lazier.
>>
producing a track made entirely of samples takes time and experience.
slowing down a diana ross track doesn't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC09Jh8lwNc&list=PL_QcLOtFJOUgNxURr8B4lNtf_3e9fWZzl&index=5
>>
>>74176500
if you listen to a vaporwave track while you know the source material, there's really not anything new to hear normally

if you listen to a hip-hop track while you know whatever the source material is, you still have vocals/lyrics and normally something else on top of the sample

>>74177133
also this
>>
>>74176500
>They don't even add kicks or anything sometimes. Just leave the sample as is.
This is objectively false though. FFS you posted Madvillainy whose first real song has an accordion sample but with a 100% original rhythm section and mixed completely different from the track where the sample was taken from (Experience by Daedalus.) You can just generalize genres like this.

In hip hop you have guys like Beastie Boys, The Bomb Squad, J Dilla, and Madlib who do very complex splicing of samples meanwhile you also have guys like Kanye who do in fact leave the sample as it is.

The same with vaporwave where you have guys like Lopatin the genre originator who'll find a wide variety of ways to play with the same exact sample or you'll have guys like the many soundcloud/bandcamp artists out there who just add the reverb + pitch shift and that's it.
>>
>>74177010
>hmm yeah this slowed down Sade song is pretty good I guess

Do you see why "focusing on whether it's good or not" means nothing?
>>
*you CAN'T generalize

My bad.
>>
>>74176500
Hip-hop is a corporate product made by niggers for niggers. Keep in mind how stupid your average nigger is, just imagine for a few minutes that you are an 85 IQ monkey living in Compton whose only goal in life is to sell enough crack so you can blow it all at a strip club where you get too drunk to recall your night's events the day after all because the other niggers in your gang tell you that's what living is. Do you think your taste in music is well developed? Do you think you have any care for artistry? Do you have any love for the craft? The answer is no, some nigger craps out a 3 minute hip-hop song with an easy-to-follow beat that get all the other niggers you've surrounded yourself with bobbing their heads along to it because once more, subhuman 85 IQ monkeys need everything to be simple and short. Now you and you and an infestation of coons you call your clique have all dictated that [[Easily replaceable hip-hop song that is completely interchangeable with another]] will be what gets your spook head shaking for the next few weeks until another pointless 3 minute niggerfest glorifying drugs, sluttiness, and gang violence fills your head. The glorification of this ghetto culture to the masses is then what leads people who by no means should be a nigger to act like your average coon, and now thanks to far left neoliberal politics, every pale, skinny, matcha drinking nu-male has convinced themselves that hip-hop is somehow a profound genre of music that allows artists to express themselves in unique and creative ways because they want to believe that niggers can do no wrong thanks to their college professors. You'll never hear this kind of criticism against hip-hop because for someone to actually enjoy this garbage they have to lower themselves to that of an 85 IQ gorilla. They compensate for their lack of standards by being stubbornly set in their coon-loving ways.
>>
>>74177280
i said "also if its original or not". there's no real way to measure originality so its up to the listener
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.