[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I missing something? I like noise/alternative rock but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Doolittle.jpg (889KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Doolittle.jpg
889KB, 800x800px
>>
>>74166055
its literally just indie rock with catchy hooks, some interesting guitar playing. plus it had quite a big influence on the quiet-loud dynamic that most 90's guitar music followed.
>>
>>74166055

So was I. Apparently the loud/soft dynamics of this and Surfer Rosa were noteworthy at the time. Probably one of those things that music just takes for granted now, I guess.
>>
I liked this band better when they moved to Seattle and changed their name to Nirvana.
>>
No, the band ain't nothing that impressive, it's mainly for normies who believe and want to believe theu aren't normies
>>
Its just solid and catchy and brought some techniques into popularity. There really isnt a notably bad song also
>>
Pixies and Hüsker Dü have got to be the most boring "influential" bands to have ever existed.
>>
>>74166055
Idk, sounds like edgy goofy nonsense to me, some songs are alright, most of it is cheesy
>>
>>74166055
you have probably already heard a lot of stuff influenced by that album, it's understandable that the album might seem pretty standard
>>
>>74168189
massive fagg. thats what you are.
>>
>>74166055
Nah, it's pretty simple stuff, that's supposed to be part of the appeal. If you don't like it then you don't like it, oh well. I like Surfer Rosa a fair bit more.
>>74166763
People really overplay the Nirvana's similarities to the Pixies. They may have been the center of his influences but Kurt was drawing pretty heavy from more than just them.
>>
Nothing to be missed here. The songwriting's very simple, and it brought nothing new. People often cite the loud/soft dynamic to this record, but they apparently have never listened to The Beatles, a ton of progressive rock, post-punk like The Pop Group/This Heat, metal bands like Sabbath/Metallica/Megadeth with clean guitar/just bass bits, etc.
>>
It's just really fuckin good pop music yo
>>
>>74169221
I think the only thing in Pixies that I can connect to Nirvana is their use of dynamics, quiet-loud-quiet, and the song Gouge Away. In my opinion Kurt's song structures were generally more simpler compared to Pixies, songs like "Mr. Grieves".
>>
this thread is gross
>>
>>74169562
Smells like teen spirit is literally U-Mass
>>
Try Surfer Rosa. I think people only call Doolittle better because they heard it first.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.