[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is the only time I've been intimidated by how ahead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1501042133964.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501042133964.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
this is the only time I've been intimidated by how ahead of its time an album is
>>
fuck a death grips
>>
>>74165685
t. underage death grips fag
>>
>>74165707
name four things in common with death grips this album has
>>
did you guys know that this guy happens to be the brother to one of the members of a group called styles of beyond who happen to be best friends with mike shinoda of linkin park who happens to be a huge fan of death grips
>>
>>74165740
the point is not about it has anything in common with death grips except that one noisy track
I meant that only a death grips fag could post something like this unironically
>>
File: cover.jpg (107KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
107KB, 600x600px
Listen to this then
>>
To me it will always be Surfin Bird desu.
>>
>>74165685
Future Days is, fittingly super ahead of its time

But yeah this album is pretty amazing in that regard
>>
File: wire pink flag.jpg (98KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wire pink flag.jpg
98KB, 600x600px
This album blows me away with how of it's time and how groundbreaking it is simultaneously
>>
>>74167333
first i listened to it i thought it was some hardcore or indie from mid 90s, not to mention strokes
unbelievable.
>>
File: vdc.jpg (850KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
vdc.jpg
850KB, 1400x1400px
I'm calling it
>>
File: Cromagnon - Orgasm.jpg (157KB, 565x561px) Image search: [Google]
Cromagnon - Orgasm.jpg
157KB, 565x561px
>>74165685
Try this one.
>>
File: autechre_0.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
autechre_0.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
>>74165685
Nearly every album by these guys. Especially confield onward. No one has cought up yet
>>
>>74165740
Not op, but ive wanted to discuss this album for a long time. The influence spiral walls has on death grips might not be blatantly apparent, at least not sonically, but I think a lot of parallels can be made between the two artists in that they both incorporate a shit ton of genres into their music and are still able to maintain cohesion throughout the album. Theres also the spoken word aspect of divine styler and ride's vocal delivery and writing style. They both also have an aesthetic more grounded in rock/psychedelia than most hip hop acts then and now. And lastly, theres a very tribal aspect to a lot of the songs on spiral walls and throughout DGs discography with an inherent mysticism underlying the recordings. A lot of the songs on spiral walls praise Allah and venerate Islam while DG have always made occult references.

Though the two might not sound a like on most tracks, i think its safe to say that albums like spiral walls laid the foundation for groups like death grips to be able to make records as far out and eclectic while still maintaining some pop appeal. Done sperging out now.
>>
>>74165685
After listening to this literally 99% of rap seems boring
>>
>>74167691
they were ahead of their time like 15 years ago but they haven't taken a step forward and it has all sounded the same more or less since. It's just the fanboys that exaggerate the subtle changes between albums and write fanfic about repetitive 10 min+ songs. They haven't really branched out stylistically or employed new methodology to make groundbreaking music.
>>
>>74167691
more like stuck in their ways from cornfield onward
>>
4hero pretty much invented 3 genres
>>
>>74165685

you can tell shabazz palaces worship this album

it's like they're whole sound came from here
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.