[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /mu/ never talk about Steely Dan? I think they have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Cant_buy_a_tcant_buy_a_thrill.jpg (201KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cant_buy_a_tcant_buy_a_thrill.jpg
201KB, 300x300px
Why does /mu/ never talk about Steely Dan? I think they have some of the best production and songwriting skills of any band, and have some of the best albums OAT.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: Steely_Dan_-_Gaucho.jpg (102KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Steely_Dan_-_Gaucho.jpg
102KB, 300x300px
>>74153120
Steely Dan is great. A+ band for sure.

>I think they have some of the best production and songwriting skills of any band
I agree. One of the few bands that functions equally well for active listening and background mood-setting.
>>
I got the chance to see them live and it was incredible. /mu/ doesnt really talk about them because they havent released anything recently. Thats why 99% of bands get overlooked here.
>>
File: ARCTIC MONKEYS AM.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ARCTIC MONKEYS AM.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>74153120
>Why does /mu/ never talk about Arctic monkeys ? I think they have some of the best production and songwriting skills of any band, and have some of the best albums OAT.
>>
>>74153120
Love steely Dan, even moreso when I found out that Bernard "pretty" Purdie played drums on Aja
>>
>>74153120
Aja >>
>>
WOW! a rock band that knows more then 6 chords!?!?
>>
>>74153120
Because this board prefers noise and (censored) jungle music
>>
File: oaaa_steelydan1.jpg (112KB, 919x713px) Image search: [Google]
oaaa_steelydan1.jpg
112KB, 919x713px
I remember seeing this ad in a 1960s National Lampoon (it was like Mad Magazine). Interesting way to pitch a band to people. "Look they're not good looking but their music is decent".

The drums are so good and I don't even like drums.
>>
>>74153120
I love the Dan. Check out Donald Fagen's solo album "The Nightfly" it's really great.
>>
They would've been better if Chevy Chase stayed as the drummer
>>
>never talk about Steely Dan
We have one thread per week
They are becoming more and more common here
Also I never listened to Katy Lied, should I bother?
>>
>>74154351
This indeed. The engineering/production on Aja is impeccable.
>>
>>74153120
Walter Becker looks like a divorced dad living in a storage unit. Music is good though
>>
>>74153120
I wish I could hear an alternate reality steely dan that wasn't so jazzy because the amount of 297th chords and weird harmonic changes is inversely proportional to how much I like any given song by them, i like their simple stuff a lot more
>>
I love their use of the /mu/ chord.
All their stuff produced by Gary Katz is
perfect including Fagen's 1st album.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.